HELP with Lanparty NFII Ultra B needed

Wow. I did not even notice your name is FLAGG, Randall Flagg, hehe... really nice idea :D

P.S. I could do a guide... ;)

Not immediately but in near future...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FlyingHamster

ok wow, I feel like a complete idiot typing this... BUT.. if I have one corrupt chip, and one working bios savior, I only need ONE board (my infinity) to hotflash my bad chip right?

I think you're asking why I have a bios saviour ordered and at the same time am having the board replaced? :D

I ordered the bios saviour before deciding to return the board, so it's on it's way regardless. A technical rep from DFI has kindly offered to send me a replacement bios, so I've decided to keep the board and wait for that to arrive. Of course I'm not flashing anything until I get my bios saviour anyway.

As far as I know, and I really don't since I don't have it yet, the bios in the bios saviour is unflashed and so it will plug in to the board and the original bios will plug into it, thus allowing you to flash the bios saviour and have that backup. If your bios chip is already corrupt you're screwed and it needs to be hot-flashed or replaced anyway.

That's how I'm understanding it anyway :confused:

:cool: ...

thus allowing you to flash the bios saviour and have that backup. If your bios chip is already corrupt you're screwed and it needs to be hot-flashed or replaced anyway.

right, FLAGG.

RGone...

I to had corrupted my Lanparty bios while flashing. And I had no bios savior. I seen all this stuf on hot flashing and send in your bios to get fixed.... Well I got to thinking that hot flash is good idea with my a7n8x deluxe I just did not trust my self to do it. This may not be new to some but I ordered up a bios savior and put it in my a7n8x board and flashed it with the latest bios from Asus. I then powered down and put my corrupt bios from Lanparty in and post useing the bios savior with boot disk and 11/27 bios for Lanparty. got the awdflash all the way up to ready to flash. Flipped the switch to flash original and hit enter. WaLa one recovered bios. To me this is safer than the accual hot flash method because you can power down and have zero current to MB. Reduce to risk of frying things. Hope this helps.