3 Gig Or 4 Gig In Xp

or xp Pro 64 bit, pretty good now with driver support.

moving that way meself, still finding Vista 64bit quirky to my liking, especially the hidden background runnings and extra layers to get to stuff....I have the neutered/free 1218 64bit XP Pro build from MS, snaps pretty good, I mean FAST...need to get full use issue...

laterzzz.....

Edited by bldegle2

• 1 month later...

What editon of xp are you using? im looking at this issue myself...wether to upgrade to 2 or 3.....I do alot of photo editing etc with my computers. I have 2 gigs in my notebook and 1 gig in my home computer. Im thinking 2 is enough...

My system with the Q6600 processor and 4GB (2x2gb) OCZ Reaper is registering 3.25gb of memory in the system properties. My friends PC with a Q9300 Processor and 4gb of memory is registering 3.50gb of memory in the system properties. 3.25-3.5 is the Max that XP 32 bit will acknowledge, even if there's more. But, I think what some people here are trying to say is that XP doesn't actually "NEED" much more to run itself and the accessories. Vista will use more, 32 or 64 bit, but not XP. XP doesn't have the system demands that Vista has. XP uses alot less resources leaving more memory to do other things. Vista will thrive on 3gb over 2gb because it uses more resources and having more headroom (3gb) will allow it to breathe.

2GB in XP is plenty

Edited by Rokkaholik