Farcry 2

Kamikaze_Badger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had an exploding RPG in my hand yet (but I've only played a few hours). Three memorable moments for me so far:

1. Running thru the forest with my map out, popping out in the middle of a road to hear an enemy bark something...I turn around and almost get run over by a freaking jeep.

2. Destroy a cargo truck mission. I watch the trucks from the forest and then as they approach, I jump into the middle of the road and fire an RPG. The first truck goes flying in the air, and then thru the smoke comes the second truck, which runs me over. Not cool! :lol:

3. Assassination mission in cease fire zone...I thought I'd be all coy and use a silencer. Well as I sneak up behind the guy and aim at his head, he makes a sudden turn, I fire...and I miss. Then I quickly finish him off with a headshot, but either I alerted everyone because of the miss, or everyone just gets alerted no matter what. I tried to sprint out of there and ran into some debris, which allowed me to be shot down to half my health. Then I ran to my jeep and got in, and continued to be shot at. I tried to drive away, with just a sliver of life...but I guess when you're down to a sliver of life, you have to heal yourself or you die...well being in a truck, I couldn't heal myself...and I died. Worst of all, I had done two missions since my last save. Man was I pissed.

I've said it before but stealth is not an option in Far Cry 2. Silencers don't do jack. I did the same assassination mission in the cease-fire zone with a silenced pistol and it was a clean kill without the guy knowing what was up and everyone started shooting me, too.

Even the dart rifle(sort of a silenced sniper with only 5 ammo max <_<) will alert all enemies to your position even if you pick off a guy a thousand feet away from anything else that's alive. Now maybe buying the Camo suit changes that but until I save up enough diamonds to drop on that thing(probably going to be my last purchase), I won't know. Besides, it's way more fun to toss a molotov off of a giant rock then snipe enemies as they run from the fire(or sometimes stand in it like complete dolts).

The only guns that backfired on me were the rusted guns you pick up off of enemies. After the first time I got ran over, I learned how to dodge them on foot. For the assassination missions, just melee them and run to one of the cars parked near the bridge exits. I love meleeing/flame throwing entire outposts in this game, but its getting hard now at 20% complete. Enemies are carrying PKMs now :(.

Oh word of advice when you get the flame thrower. Don't stand in the grass when you need to heal :D. I thought I do something special since the entire outpost guards came into the grass. I ran in circles and trapped them in flames, then I had to stop to heal from all the PKM fire. I was still in the grass and the flames surrounded me too. Caught on fire and it wouldn't let me heal through the fire damage and I died.

Stealth in this game doesn't work at all. I had the camo suit and silenced mp5. I wasn't any less sneaker than without them. I would recommend saving your diamonds for something else. Sniper + Mac10 does the job for me. Had a machine gun for the 3rd wep, but they got a lot of recoil on them. So I bought a flame thrower instead lol.

Also I found another golden gun. One of your buddies, a guy with a bandana has a Rusted Golden Deagle. He's the guy that you can meet in Mike's Bar. I saved the game and killed him to see what he dropped and TaDA! rusted golden deagle. Then reloaded the game. Since I needed him :D.

Edited by Krazyxazn

lol, alrighty then. Dragunov SVD + Mac 10 + Dart Rifle(Should have bought the base RPG instead <_<) it is. :lol: Oh and don't bother buying the accuracy upgrades for sniper rifles. Bullet always goes where your crosshair is aimed. Have never had a shot do anything that would suggest otherwise.

I keep on reading a lot of complaints about the voice acting, but so far I think it's really good (I'm only about 10% of the way thru). Yes, it's fast, making it a little hard to follow the subtext at times, but I don't really have a problem with it (once I turned up my volume a bit. heh). The accents and voice work is believable, and that's what matters to me. Have a conversation in the real world...people tend to speak pretty fast a lot of the time.

If anything, I'd say I prefer this "fast speak" method a lot better than the slow-as-butt speaking in a lot of games. I always turn subtext on in all games and I hate when I finish reading a whole sentence and they're only thru speaking the fifth word. I'd like to enjoy the voice acting, but in those cases, I eventually wind up skipping thru conversations after I read them, meaning I'm missing the voice acting. It could be the best voice acting in the world, but what's the point if I just wind up skipping thru it because it takes so long? Maybe Ubisoft actually realized a lot of people are like me.

What's your take?

I'm sure you've heard The Picard Song. Read this little bit from it without pausing until the end quotation: "He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had the chance to interrupt him it was really quite hypnotic." That's what a lot of the voice acting in this game feels like. Not that they talk fast or anything, it's more like whoever was in charge of editing in the voices simply forgot that normal people pause to breathe every once in a while. Not all NPC's suffer from this but quite a few I've run into do...

If you haven't heard the song...well then it's time for you to google it up and :lol:

Edited by iKillSteal

Speaking of nighttime...does anyone know the exact hours of night? eg. Sunset to Sunrise

Im not sure, I pretty much do all my missions at night or early hours, seems to be from about 1030 ish to about 6 ish? I don't know I never really payed attention.

I would expect some of the guards to be sleeping or napping at night. But no... :(