Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

Farcry 2

after completing 20 of the 33 main missions its safe to say this game sucks. a really dumb down version of GTA.

can you say ZzzzZZ Snore? i feel bad for people who paid for this game. i want my money BACK! if you have money to waste grab Dead Space, so much better.

I didn't buy a shortscreen, I bought a widescreen. It bothers me a hell of a lot because the camera is seemingly placed a few inches in front of your face in-game.

Bioshock was the same way till they patched it. I can't even read the map or the GPS when looking for diamonds nor when I'm marking things. I'm going to wait for a patch to play it, it's not worth getting frustrated over.

Wow, that's pretty damn bad. Works just fine for me at 1680 so I dunno what to tell you. Whole map is easy to view and diamond hunting/marking is easy to do. Although there are times when the game wants me to put the scope right dead-center on the target before it'll go "lol, oh right you're supposed to mark this".

Found a golden AK-47 in this game. It's near one of the diamond briefcases (southeastern section of the game along the the coast). I threw it away though.

You sure you didn't just pick up a really dirty AK? :lol:

after completing 20 of the 33 main missions its safe to say this game sucks. a really dumb down version of GTA.

can you say ZzzzZZ Snore? i feel bad for people who paid for this game. i want my money BACK! if you have money to waste grab Dead Space, so much better.

:lol: @ comparing Far Cry to GTA. That's like comparing Barby Horse Riding Adventure to Gallop Racer 2006. Two different games with two totally different styles. Plus I don't see anything of GTA in FC2. There's no carjacking(at least none that I have been able to pull off with enemies in the car) nor is there any of that "Chase this guy and kill him but if he gets more than 200 feet ahead of you or you get closer than 198 feet to him, the mission is failed!" bs. Scenery is nice in FC2 and missions have many different ways of being completed(although stealth really is never an option). Guns blazing or clocking headshots from a cliff face, that's something I don't really see in too many GTA missions.

Saying it sucks is your opinion but please don't compare it to game it isn't meant to be compared to.

As for Dead Space...well, I've had my fill of futuristic space-zombie shooters after the nine or so thousand that came out in the last year. My opinion for that game is your opinion for FC2. There is no winning on the internet, good sir! :lol:

Edit: @ Krazyxazn

Cool but now I'm wondering if there are golden versions of other weapons out. I wouldn't mind a golden Dragunov SVD. :lol:

Edited by iKillSteal

:lol: @ comparing Far Cry to GTA.

Well i tihnk FC2 was a dissapointment and i also think it was alot like GTA in terms of collecting missions, doing them, then runnign back for your reward. Its just in africa, i got dead space now it scary for me but i prefer it over farcry. I mean come on farcry 1 was action packed what is with this far cry 2 slow motion crap :( sorely dissapointed give me action !!

Far Cry 2 is now my new benching software!!

Some interesting comments here. Ive only played it till you walk out of the room you first wake up in. Was pretty impressed with the graphics. Will start it again when ive finished stalker cs. Hopefully I like the game unlike some unhappy chaps here...

Wow, that's pretty damn bad.

Unfortunately I have a 16:9 screen and it makes it even worse. :/

Unfortunately I have a 16:9 screen and it makes it even worse. :/

Ouch. So how close is the horizon to the bottom of your screen?

Ouch. So how close is the horizon to the bottom of your screen?

For a comparison look out the front window on the assault truck/jeep. That viewing window is exactly as tall as my FOV. :glare:

Erm, I don't have that problem, its full screen for me @ 1920X1200..

I also don't have that memory leak problem and I have an X2.

Furthermore has anyone found working console cheats or devmode cheats yet?

All the trainers I have tried make the game microstutter type lagh. Highly annoying.

Edited by Ste