Farcry 2

Kamikaze_Badger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most can live with that so long as its uber smooth.

:withstupid:

Crysis was an impressive slide show with everything maxed out.

I dunno, I don't really think it's fair to judge how the game looks based off of videos or still screenshots(All during development stages). But since that's all we have to go on, I think Farcry 2 definitely has a more natural and living feel to it than Crysis. For some reason all the vegetation and stuff in Crysis looked too artificial to me. Doesn't make much sense worded that way but all the plants and animals just seemed sort of out of place. But hey, that's just me.

been playing the 360 version and i can't wait to play it on my PC with a keyboard!! yes the 1st game sucked but at lest it looked good.

:huh:

Wanna run that by me again.

Farcry far from sucked. In fact, it's probably one of the best(Top 10, at least) FPS games I have ever played and all of my friends(for what that's worth here on the wonderful world of the internet) share that opinion. The game was breathtaking when it first launched and it's still a damn fine looking game today. I can't think of too many four, almost five, year-old FPS games that can say that. Sure it might not have clicked with you but the common opinion is that it was win. It would have probably been a lot bigger if UT2k4 hadn't come out a week before. :lol:

When I can crank FarCry to the point of bad FPS on my computer...yeah, it was certainly ahead of it's time. Of course, that's with modifying the settings far past their stock values but still...it was far from a crappy game.

when farcry came with my 6800gt i thought it was a amazing looking game but past the demo level the game blew. i was so glad i managed to get a some sucker to give me $40 it. frycry 2 is good but also without a real direction or plot. if i could describe the game in the least amount of words it would be "shoot, hide, run, skip missions, snore" looks great but plays just . just like the last game.

when farcry came with my 6800gt i thought it was a amazing looking game but past the demo level the game blew. i was so glad i managed to get a some sucker to give me $40 it. frycry 2 is good but also without a real direction or plot. if i could describe the game in the least amount of words it would be "shoot, hide, run, skip missions, snore" looks great but plays just . just like the last game.

You sure you're not thinking about Elder Scrolls Oblivion because the Farcry I remember played nothing like that at all. :lol:

Like I said, that's your take on the game but the overwhelming majority of gamers would agree that you're "wrong". Either way, I'm psyched for FC2!

You sure you're not thinking about Elder Scrolls Oblivion because the Farcry I remember played nothing like that at all. :lol:

Like I said, that's your take on the game but the overwhelming majority of gamers would agree that you're "wrong". Either way, I'm psyched for FC2!

:withstupid: The trygens were a little silly, before that point, the game was sick, and overall the game was still awesome. I also don't think any section in any game took me so many tries as the lobby scene right before the end boss. That was some intense shiznit!

I got FC with my 6800 GT. When I first played it on my CRT, it was dark and a little blah. Then I got my LCD and the HDR "hack" was released and with that the game looked well beyond its time.

Yeah, it's not in stores where I live either until tomorrow. But seeing as how I haven't played the first Far Cry (I know, I just never bought it) I downloaded it today for ten bucks. So far, it's a winner. Interested to see how the second one plays.