Farcry 2

Kamikaze_Badger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its going to be nice, especially on a 24' widescreen and a 4870 X2...

Loved Farcry and look forward to Farcry 2. To my mind it doesn't really matter what size the screen is or how good the graphics card is it's game content and playability that really matter.

Edited by paulktreg

Whatever does it for ya.. :P

I myself am less about storyline/game play, I love graphics.....

Edited by Ste

I myself am less about storyline/game play, I love graphics.....

x2. I mean, if it has a horrible plot, and it's not interesting and doesn't get my heart beating a little faster, then it'll be a letdown. But i'll still enjoy the gameplay and graphics. I was not let down at ALL with the first Farcry, and I have faith in the crytek team that they're gonna do it once again :)

It looks like Crysis.... but good. Is this a new engine? Heavily modified?

It's Ubisoft Montreal (think Assassin's Creed) who are developing Far Cry 2, Crytek are not involved.

The engine is therefore new (it's called 'Dunia'), though does apparently re-use a small amount of code from the original cryengine.

i almost didn't make it past the continous loading, but after that, it really makes me wish they would add a farcry2 benchmarking app with the game, something as pretty as that deserves to be repeatedly played over and over to achieve a score, they could just release a benchmark of a level and just say its a demo and im happy