i have a foxconn 946gz7ma motherboard that is supposed to go up to 667mhz

i have 2 gigs of ram one 1gig of pc2-4200 and i gig of pc2-5300

each one is only running at half the speed that they are supposed to

i hae no clue why

and wat does 1:2 fsb:dram mean

PC4200 = 262.5MHz = DDR525

mixing RAM sets both sticks to the same speed, the lowest of the two, or sometimes even lower than that...

1:2 is the ratio of speeds comparing the FSB to the RAM... so the RAM should be at twice the speed of the FSB

next time, make a more descriptive topic than "RAM", imagine if everyone did that for all topics...

cpuz was the one that told me they were running at the speeds said before

you are reading the SPD tab and not the Memory tab...

the Memory tab has the Timings information including the DRAM Frequency... THIS is your current RAM speed

the SPD tab tells you information that is inside the RAM... this SPD information sets the timings according to the speed...

the standard speeds for your RAM are 266 and 333, but they are not running at those speeds, that is just the speed *rating*... you can run the RAM at a different speed, and you can see on the Memory tab that your RAM (all of it) is running at 322 MHz with the following timings

so one stick is overclocked 266->322 and one is underclocked 333->322

now that we got that cleared up why does my box say different? it says 533 and 667

and my mobo paper says fsb 1066 oc but right now its only at like 644 or something like that how can it go up that high and why when i take it up to about 700 does windows dump memory

Edited by cswit