Overclockersclub.com Crashes Psp, Load It Up For Some No Fun..

@li

Well the title is as is says. Which saddens me... as it would have been nice to check the site when I am in wifi spots in between gaming sessions at the many cafes that are in Tokyo.

But on another note;

I know PSP's have been around for a long time.. but still with all the crappy mobile devices and crappy mobile games you get on your phones I wondered... how many people still have PSP's..? and is everyone aware of their full potential..? Why has it not taken off on a larger scale!?

So,I have NOT hacked my psp to death.. yeah, not... really i have NOT... because that WOULD be illegal.. so I have NOT hacked it... at all.. not one bit.. :ph34r:

So, my mate.. Johnny showed me his PSP........

He hacked it and can now enjoy great apps and emulate all consoles before it. PSone, ninteno, sega, as well as enjoy games without the need to use the actual UMD's (game discs). The home brew apps are endless (though some are badly written) and custom themes too! + messenger programs (like MSN)

He now has a program that allows VOIP, calling to and receiving calls to LAN and WLAN phones. (inc. the popular Skype).

I think for less than

I've heard somehting about them crashing using IPB before... have you got the latest firmware on it?

Johnny has 3.52 M33 which not the latest hacked firmware but it is very stable and does everything the others can do. I will try surf some other IPB forums and let you know. Whats the source of your info?

What firmware are you running? I am on 3.90 M33-3 here and OCC works fine. There's nothing illegal about running custom firmware its the sharing of copyrighted games thats the illegal bit.

Running same as frank and it works fine too. As you can see:

IMG_0702.jpg

It's been a while since I've gone on the net on my PSP (I hate wireless and I'm too lazy to do the USB internet link thing), but possibly you have Flash enabled and it's causing memory overflow or something? I've always had Flash disabled (default)

3.80 M33-5

and have been on Custom Firmware since 2.71 or whatever (it's been a while so I can't remember lol) and OCC has never crashed my PSP... I can run out of memory quite easily though... the browser sucks lol

As stated earlier: 3.52 M33.

Flash off, animation off, script on, images on, conserve memory on.

The site loads the homepage... and loads.. and loads..

Holding square to try browse over to forum button.. however the screen does not move and the loading icon just stops moving.

If I go straight to the link forums.overclockers.... It can load that page and access the forums, but from some reason it cannot load the home page. :angry2:

The browser does cause some serious annoyances with its low memory capacity. Someone must be able to figure a way to use the flash card memory as extra RAM or something. It is the only real thing issue that lets it down.

What benefits are there to upgrading? Everything else works fine at present.

I've been considering getting a PSP. I thought Sony ended the ability to play games/movies off a memory stick, so I'm glad to see there are custom firmwares available that allow this. Is there anything about putting custom firmware that's bad? As in, is there certain functionality you lose?

As far as I am aware...

You lose nothing and gain everything [The original functionality is still available]

Sweet. Just what I wanted to hear. My bro's getting a PSP, so I'll wait to check his out and then probably succumb and get my own.

Though changing firmware on new PSP's is a little difficult but still very possible.

So has anyone got any cool apps they can share info on?? what is the "youtube add on"?