Pc Games Are So Expensive

Rogue_Zero

Ok, I know and understand the reason for console games being so high, which is losing money on the actual console and making up for it in the price of games. What i don't understand is why computer games cost so much, unless Microsoft makes game developing company's pay to use windows as a platform to release on, but that's the only conclusion i can come up with.

Edited by Rogue_Zero

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Production costs for top-end games are soaring. Gears of War supposedly cost $10 million to produce, GTA4 reportedly cost upwards of $100 million. So you can begin to see why the cost so much to buy.

There usually 10 dollars less than the console games :)

:withstupid: PC Games are often $10-20 less than console games, so I wouldn't call them expensive. Only the big-budget blockbusters reach $50 (not counting collector editions), whereas practically all console games, no matter how crappy, start there.

Yeah, unless it's brand spankin' new, almost all of the PC games I buy are under 50 bucks.

In comparison, I think Halo 3 is still 60 for the xbox.

So pc games are actually pretty cheap in the long run.

Edited by Crow47

Damn I envy all of you in Australia they start at $120AUD, thats about $110US or 50-55pound and then they stay at high prices for at least 6-12 months depending on popularity. Console games are actually comparable if not slightly less.

I agree why are they so expensive! Yes there may be production costs and R&D for future products but if they were more reasonably priced from the onest you would remove Piracy and siginificantly increase sales volumes which may even surpass current profit margins.

So with heavily taxed media down here I would like to see the middle men and greedy corporate bosses take a cut in back pocket padding.

ya that could lower piracy, but its the same concept as gas stations if a gas company lowered there prices more then a another one then they would get more of the business, but yet they are to greedy to use their brains and it seems greed is mroe powerful then logic in modern society.