Please Help Me Choose A New Mobo

Hi, i know there are a lot of post on this subject, but i couldnt find one that quite fit me, or answered all my questions.

So im building a new computer and i have just about all the pieces at home cept the mobo (smart move right ). Specs:

Antec 900

EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS KO Edition 512 MB

Intel Q6600

Zalman CNPS9700LED Ultra Quiet

Western Digital WD5000KSRTL Caviar 500 GB

Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W

Creative Labs PCIE Sound Blaster X-Fi 70SB088600002 Titanium FATAL1TY Pro

Logitech Z-5500

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Corsair Dominator 2X2GB Kit PC2-8500 1066MHz DDR2 (TWIN2X2048-8500C5D)

SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22"

I am looking for an amazing Mobo (150-250 dollars) for overclocking (would like to clock Q6600 to 3.6) and gaming (i know the mobo doesnt affect the gaming much, but just wanted to put that out there). im not very experienced in overclocking, but i would like to start!

so far i have been looking at the GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128336), and the DFI LP LT X38-T2R (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136042). anyone know if those 2 are any good? or do you have other suggestions? the only reason i havent bought the DFI is because all the hard bios settings w/ no support, and i dont really know how to overclock. i also havent done enought research on the Gigabyte...

i would prefer the Intel x38 and x48 chipsets, but i would also like to know about the 780i's and 680i's? (ive been very scared of getting these boards cuz of all the problems, and dont wanna risk 200 dollars, plus im not gonna use SLI so whats the point...? do all of them have the problems, or just some?)

thank you for your help in advance!

I am looking for an amazing Mobo (150-250 dollars) for overclocking (would like to clock Q6600 to 3.6) and gaming (i know the mobo doesnt affect the gaming much, but just wanted to put that out there). im not very experienced in overclocking, but i would like to start!

so far i have been looking at the GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128336), and the DFI LP LT X38-T2R (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136042). anyone know if those 2 are any good? or do you have other suggestions? the only reason i havent bought the DFI is because all the hard bios settings w/ no support, and i dont really know how to overclock. i also havent done enought research on the Gigabyte...

i would prefer the Intel x38 and x48 chipsets, but i would also like to know about the 780i's and 680i's? (ive been very scared of getting these boards cuz of all the problems, and dont wanna risk 200 dollars, plus im not gonna use SLI so whats the point...? do all of them have the problems, or just some?)

thank you for your help in advance!

Got the cheaper model of the DFI board you want and so far I'd say its good. Overclocks pretty well but I have also heard those nvidia chipsets are doing ok too.

since you already picked an nvidia videocard i wouldnt use either X38 or X48. the most important thing about those chips is that they can crossfire at full speed, something youll never use. Id start looking into P35 or P45 motherboards. both got excellent OC potential. Im not a big fan of nvidia chipsets, but unless you wanna go SLI i wouldnt waste the money on it

The hottest boards out are the Asus Rampage/Stiker extreme etc. However you should also give the DFI's a look as compxpert said, they offer great options and rock solid stablity but you are paying for it. The two boards you listed are great, and gigabyte make solid boards, generally more reliable than the asus boards but you may have less options than the DFI's but it just depends how many you are actually going to use, and you may well just be looking for stability.