Trying To Get My E8400 To 4.0

And none of your cpus are degrading from voltages that high. Intels spec for max vcore on this cpu is 1.3625v. Now I have seen others use 1.4-1.42 just fine but 1.6... I'm fine with mine only needing 1.39 to run.

40.jpg

And none of your cpus are degrading from voltages that high. Intels spec for max vcore on this cpu is 1.3625v. Now I have seen others use 1.4-1.42 just fine but 1.6... I'm fine with mine only needing 1.39 to run.

40.jpg

yea but see you probaly have a better batch than what I do. I could never achieve that speed on such little voltage.

mine is an Xeon server chip.

they are usually hand picked silicon and can take some pretty serious heat.

i did not say i run it that way 24/7, but have made benchmark runs at that speed.

my chip has not degraded in the least and will go right back to 4.7 when asked.

soon i will have it mounted on my tech bench and will be shooting to get a suicide run at 5.0... :ph34r:

i can easily get to 4.0 with the voltages you guys are using.

4.7 is a pretty large jump from 4.0.

Guest ajmatson

I personally would not go above 1.45v on the CPU. Also those temps seemed high. What cooler do you have and what thermal paste are your using? Does your case have good airflow?

I have a Zalman CNPS9000 and I'm using Artic Silver 5. Airflow seems alright but I do think I need to redo the paste as the fan was loose and vibrating and I had to remove it to fix the vibration. Well see how far my temps drop then but for now they are alright.

I have a Zalman CNPS9000 and I'm using Artic Silver 5. Airflow seems alright but I do think I need to redo the paste as the fan was loose and vibrating and I had to remove it to fix the vibration. Well see how far my temps drop then but for now they are alright.

Oh yeah and make sure room temps are perfect too. Cause with this summer heat our computers are going to need more cooling