Vista 64 Bit

BionicSniper

Been running Vista 64 for a few months now (upgraded it from the 32bit ver) and have had no problems with it. it did "feel" snappier then the 32 bit version though.

As has everyone though. I've only heard of problems when it comes to creatives 64bit drivers. :/

Ive never had that issue interestingly. Ive been using x64 Vista Home Premium for a little over a year now and I have had next to no issues. The only BSOD's I get are because of high overclocks that are too unstable. I did though have an issue last night where all I did was reboot and after it got past the Vista loading screen, it just sat there doing nothing. Black screen. I went as far as reinstalling windows and the same thing kept happening right in the same spot. I swapped out the hdd and same thing. Tried XP x64 and it installed without a problem. I put the original hdd back in and tried Vista again and it worked. Go figure.

I'm running Ultimate x64 SP1, and the creative drivers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I actually had to pull my sound card to get my mic to work with the onboard audio. So much for my sound card.

I've had to reinstall it probably 30 different times but I'm pretty stable now, pulled out a gig of mem, and all seems happier, but my goodness it lags when opening a patch or soemthing, takes forever... I can click on say a COD patch, it will take sometimes a minute for anything to happen. I'm not sure what's causing this.

Edited by pvtgump

I tried and am still presently running Vista Ultimate 64 bit dual booting w/winXP pro 32 bit, and although it is kinda troublefree (sound card issues, Creative finally got some 64 bit Vista drivers out), there are too many layers to get to lots of stuff (prolly just a matter of getting used to it). It is fast when it doesn't stop to 'think'....ie; mysterious browser delays/stalls once and awhile, and the background proggies running to check this and that are a bit excessive, like BIG brother IS REALLY watching...

guess you gots to get used to it, sooner or later...it does snap to attention w/8 gigs of ramski....canning Vista in 3 days and installing XP Pro 64 bit permanently for now, I have been playing with the XP Pro 64bit 1218 free M$ build offered way back, I like it....

laterzzz..............

Edited by bldegle2