Ati Hd4870 Reviewed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a legit review to me. Was just posted earlier.

HD4870 Review

Using slides from AMD is hardly unbiased, but interesting review nonetheless(even if it is in Google "Chingrish"). At 300 bucks it will be amazing value for the money, but for 100 bucks more then 4870X2 might actually be a better buy!

One 4870X2 and one vanilla 4870 for "tri-fire" may just be top tier performance for barely more then the price of a single GT280...

I'm sure the fourth gpu of having two 4870X2s crossfireX will not give that much improvement over trifire with todays processors, but maybe with LGA1366...

Pictures do not load for me after the 3d2k6 page, but you can still read decipher the writing until the end. The line which sums it up the most is "46% of the price for 90% of the performance" of the GT280. At 400 bucks will the X2 version be more performance then gt280 for 61% of the price??? I can only hope :lol:.

100C on load...that can't be good temp for anything in a computer. it's like Ati was saving so much money they forget to make some new cooling. its still the same design from 1k series.

its odd that in all the review of HD 3000s and 4000s everyone says "oh wow this card runs hot" but no one says "this is not good, you card will burn up and you'll be out xxx amount of money"

Once again these cards are looking great for the price, will OCC have a review out first thing tommorow?

I cannot wait, I know HardForum will have one out ASAP..

100C on load...that can't be good temp for anything in a computer. it's like Ati was saving so much money they forget to make some new cooling. its still the same design from 1k series.

its odd that in all the review of HD 3000s and 4000s everyone says "oh wow this card runs hot" but no one says "this is not good, you card will burn up and you'll be out xxx amount of money"

This makes me wonder about how long these cards are going to last and what will the effects on your case temp be with something hot enough to boil water inside? You would think the dual slot cooler would help a little bit. I wonder if you can adjust the fan speed. Maybe its got the same problem the 8800GT/S have where the fan speed is stuck at a low speed.

This makes me wonder about how long these cards are going to last and what will the effects on your case temp be with something hot enough to boil water inside? You would think the dual slot cooler would help a little bit. I wonder if you can adjust the fan speed. Maybe its got the same problem the 8800GT/S have where the fan speed is stuck at a low speed.

100 degrees is way out of control. 2 of those would be insane.

100C is hot, sure, but it's not going to kill anything. You do recall that 8800GTs don't even start to throttle till 110C right?

Hell, my 2900XT runs in the mid 90s when loaded. I'm not concerned in the least.