Wavering Display

This is a new one on me. I have never seen this happen before. My old computer with an Abit motherboard with an AMD 2000 socket A cpu started acting up yesterday. The display on the monitor started to waver like a flag in the wind. OK I said, the monitor must be going. I switched it out with another known working monitor and saw the same thing. It has a gForce 4 4600 AGP card in it. I pulled the graphics card and threw in my old GForce 2. Same thing but the wavering slowed up a little with the GForce 2. Only thing I can think of is poor regulation from the power supply. Maybe giving it an AC ripple effect. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated........

if there are any mains cables near the VGA port or cable, move them...

if you have two CRT monitors near each other, this happens... if the CRT is near other electrical equipment, this can happen

Thanks for the reply hardnrg. You were right about electrical equipment. It just so happened that someone put a fan in back of my monitor and it was running. Turned the fan off and now everything is ok. Problem solved...You can close this post.