Need New Ram

I bought OCZ DDR2 800 ram that turned out to be actually DDR2 667 ram so newegg instantly asked me to RMA them for a refund so now I need new ram. I am thinking 4 gig of DDR2 1066 but want some suggestions as to a brand name. All suggestions welcome, remember that I will probably be OC'ing it.

Get some crucial ballistix they OC very damn well!! :thumbs-up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820148076

and their on sale and have pretty indicator LEDs on the top. I have a pair right now and they are terrific, best ram I ever bought plus they are DDR2-1066. At $19.99 a pair I'd buy a whole bunch

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

As far as it goes I doubt you'll see any noticible performance gain out of 1066. Best bet go with 4gb of DDR2 800. I Recommend G.Skill, OCZ, and Mushkin just to name a few.

and their on sale and have pretty indicator LEDs on the top. I have a pair right now and they are terrific, best ram I ever bought plus they are DDR2-1066. At $19.99 a pair I'd buy a whole bunch

You know the ram your linking to is DDR2 800 right?

As far as it goes I doubt you'll see any noticible performance gain out of 1066. Best bet go with 4gb of DDR2 800. I Recommend G.Skill, OCZ, and Mushkin just to name a few.

You know the ram your linking to is DDR2 800 right?

my fault wasn't paying attention, but either way Crucial Ballistix are a better choice of ram :thumbs-up:

Thewacokid, are you saying that there would be no gain by installing 4 gig of DDR2 1066 ram (say Mushkin)?

If you run it unlinked, sure you may see a very slight increase in speed...but you don't need anything more than DDR2 800 for a Q6600 unless you have some VERY serious cooling and a great mobo.

I have 8 GB of Wintec AMPX and it runs great. For $20 you can't really go wrong with Crucial RAM but keep in mind you'll be limited to 4 GB total unless you replace the sticks. Getting 2 x 2 GB sticks would probably be a better idea.

You lucky bastards this is arguably some of the best RAM in the world but Im an Aussie and Newegg doesnt play with us......damn get some just for sheer crap and giggles and see how far you can push it! :angry2:

Edited by Boldeagle

I went ahead and ordered Crucial Ballistic Tracer DDR2 800 PC2 6400 ([email protected] each). It seemed most people thought that would work great and there would be no noticable gain from the DDR2 1066 ram. thanks for the link QueenzPCfreak90, I got 2 sets and will get the $40 each rebate, so they come to $20 each after rebates.