Parents Threatening To Kick Me Out And Cut Me Off...

airman

On the contrary I think it's a perfectly good reason in and of itself.

:withstupid: Parents don't have to have a reason. They care about you and your health and they'll do whatever they can to protect you while they still can. Sorry to all you smokers out there but I think it's a dumb...nasty habit. If I were your parents I would do the same.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows they are bad for you but until you witness or get emphysema (or any of the many cancers related to smoking), you don't really know. People understand that they can get sick and die some day from doing it, but most younger people have no idea what its like to suffer with a disease like this for years. If you need something to help you quit, visit the local old folks home, follow your ears to the ones that are gasping for air and constantly choking, and ask them how they feel, or better yet, when they last felt good. And the longer you continue doing it, the harder it will be to quit. Do yourself, your family, and everyone around you a favor and quit today. You'll smell better too.

Edited by Fight Game

:withstupid: Parents don't have to have a reason. They care about you and your health and they'll do whatever they can to protect you while they still can. Sorry to all you smokers out there but I think it's a dumb...nasty habit. If I were your parents I would do the same.

Care?! Care schmare! They do it to be mean. Parents like being mean. They love it. They also love having their kids mad at them because it makes everyone's lives healthier and happier. They also love to discipline their kids because it's fun. A parent's number one priority is always to ruin the lives of their offspring.

[/end sarcasm explosion]

It always seems like that until you get older. Just be happy that when you realize they were usually looking out for you more than you knew you're too old to remember all the crap you gave them about it at the time :)

Agreed with the folks who say it's his house his rules. I don't know where people come off saying it's only what he says because he can't come up with a better reason. At least in my house we had rules for a reason. Looking back I didn't like them but they helped keep me out of trouble and healthier. My brother decided not to follow the rules and got kicked out.

Oh, and 450 a week * 52 weeks = $23400. I'm also assuming this is before taxes so what do you pay in taxes? According to this, your single and so would pay 15% so thats $3510 leaving you with $19890. Then you can fill in the blanks on:

Rent:

School:

Utilities:

car payment:

gas:

car insurance:

medical insurance:

Food:

Entertainment:

Miscellaneous:

if you need some help here is a link to a budget calculator. It'll give you a ballpark figure of what you can expect to pay for each category. I'm not saying you can't do it, but it's not easy especially considering you'd have to go to school and work 40 hours a week.

It's relly hard to see your kids doing something that can take u away from them, permenently. Yes dad appears to be over-reacting, but try and look at it from his point of view. We spend so much time making sure our kids are safe but in the end there are so many things we can't control that if we think about them all the time we'll go nuts. Really what happend is that one of those things is now in the fore-front of dads mind. Just do your best to quit, learn from the mistakes of parents and hope you aren't faced with the same thing with your kids, (you will be though :-) I have two little girls 4 and 5 and I'm already getting stressed about how much jail time I will have to do when I catch them having . at 13.... AAARRRGGGHHH!

Cut dad a little slack k?