Parents Threatening To Kick Me Out And Cut Me Off...

airman

pff nonsense! no parents will TRULY kick their children out. because when crap happens and only PPL THAT GOT YOUR BACK ARE UR PARENTS/FAMILY. and really..smoking cigs..who cares just smoke and sooner or later they'll get over it. its the same for all FIRST TIME experiences/threats.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KrankyOldLady
I don't want this to turn into a thread about how smoking is bad for you and that I should stop, that I know. It says it right on the box. I'm really trying to get some insight about how he would feel so strongly and so strict about it...especially threatening to kick me out and cut me off.

How about asking him that question?

First of all, waco said it best: Their house, their rules. No other debate to it, really.

Second, the bigger issue here is the tuition. He says he'll cut that off if you keep smoking? There's the deal breaker right there. If you want to move out, go for it. That's something you should be thinking about anyways. But if you pass up a free (or even partially free) ride through college for cigarettes, that's sad. Blah blah, ugly habit. You're gonna die. Etc, etc. Do what you want. But if you need them so bad that you'll choose them over college... yikes...

Unless you can have a serious talk with your parents (give it a shot) and get them to soften their position, you're stuck, they have all of the power in this situation.

I do sympathize with your situation though, even though I am anti-smoking and old enough to be your father (and then some!). I agree with you it isn't really fair that they're using their advantage to dictate details of your personal life. But get used to it, life is not fair, you will encounter sucky choices long after you're done with school.

idk why people get upset by this *to the extent as it is anymore*

it takes pretty hard lack of knowledge to think smoking = good,

and just as someone chooses fatty food they make a decision, a human right,

to treat their body with the amount of care they deem necessary.

nobody forced cave men to follow guidelines, and mankind survived just fine

but its just as offensive to me to see someone drinking, and being obnoxious as it is to some people to "smell smoke" on your clothes.

and if you wnat a public health factor? oh second hand smoke is giving me cancer,

well a rich chicago kid had too many beers and broke my spine, t-boned me doing over 75.

that wasn't my choice either, just as if i inhaled grandpa's nasty cigar.

but i leave people, even after the deep hatred i have for drinking, in my gut because it is NOT my place to tell ANYONE how to live their lives.

on your subject.

if he didn't care, he wouldnt spend the time setting that rule, and/or being firm.

same way with my parents, it wasnt fun,but in the end, he loves me and all in time is forgiven...

however if you do chose, plan on bein broke for a while.. lol

if its not worth leaving the house right up and away, is it worth your lungs for the next 20 years?

:edit: ps. dont do what i did and leave on a bad note and have more salty terms than are already present

if your ready to move out try having a serious sit down with him and tell him how you feel, cant hurt

Edited by cirro

You live under their roof you deal with their rules. I don't think I can put it any more simply than that.

:withstupid:

It doesn't matter if you never smoke in the house or around them, the smoke still gets in your clothes and hair.

In today's economy $150.00 a week is pocket change. So not only are your parents paying for your education they are also supporting your daily existence. Is it right that you are being threatened in this way? Doesn't really make any difference one way or the other. You have a choice to make with only one of two possible outcomes. Continue smoking and throw your future away or do as they ask and hopefully be set for the rest of your life.

don't say he will throw his life away, i went to college on my own. its hard, but it sure is possible

I did too. Was 1300 miles from home and 16 years old. But it sure didn't happen on $150.00 a week.

So I just ran into my dad tonight just after I smoked a cigarette. He smelled it on me and says if I keep smoking that he'll cut me off, not help me out on my tuition nor allow me to live in the house anymore. I really don't see the issue here...I am of age to do so, I don't smoke more than a pack a week, and I definitely don't smoke inside the house or when they're around. He said that by helping me out with tuition, he's essentially helping me buy cigarettes which he doesn't condone. I have a job, I make about $150 a week. Is this irrational? It's not like I am doing drugs, I am more than willing to pass whatever test he wants me to.

I've wanted to move out for a while, but I really don't know what to do here.

I don't want this to turn into a thread about how smoking is bad for you and that I should stop, that I know. It says it right on the box. I'm really trying to get some insight about how he would feel so strongly and so strict about it...especially threatening to kick me out and cut me off.

1. You make pennies - you couldn't afford your current lifestyle on the salary you make. (On your salary - you couldn't afford any luxuries like cigarettes, computer expenses ect.)

2. You're still living in the house your dad provided... Eating the food he pays for, drinking his water, using his electricity..ect

3. Hes your father, you need to respect his wishes.

End.

but its just as offensive to me to see someone drinking, and being obnoxious as it is to some people to "smell smoke" on your clothes.

and if you wnat a public health factor? oh second hand smoke is giving me cancer,

well a rich chicago kid had too many beers and broke my spine, t-boned me doing over 75.

that wasn't my choice either, just as if i inhaled grandpa's nasty cigar.

but i leave people, even after the deep hatred i have for drinking, in my gut because it is NOT my place to tell ANYONE how to live their lives.

Your deep hatred shouldn't be for people who drink, it should be for the complete and utter morons that decide to drive after drinking. Don't pin the stupid mistake of one person upon the rest of the drinking population.