G15 Kb Died

dling

My son spilled a cola on my g15 kb , some of the keys were sticking and the soda was dried by the the time I found out. I put it in the dishwasher to try to clean it ,it only made it worse.( INOP)

So now I need a new KB, any suggestions ?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put it in the dishwasher to try to clean it ,it only made it worse.( INOP)

:blink:

Clean distilled water should be the only thing you ever use to clean electronics other than electronics cleaner. Detergents will cause all sorts of problems!

You've probably totally killed it.

:blink:

Clean distilled water should be the only thing you ever use to clean electronics other than electronics cleaner. Detergents will cause all sorts of problems!

You've probably totally killed it.

I agree, I need a new gaming KB now. Any suggestions?

I'm also using a Saitek Eclipse and I've been satisfied with it. It has a fairly small foot print, key strokes are solid but responsive. IMHO backlighting is fair to midland. I've had mine about a year now and my only major complaints are that the color is wearing off the keys I use frequently, and back lighting isn't really consistent from one side of the keyboard to the other i.e. alpha characters are very well lit, but fast keys and number pad are pretty dim.

The only other thing that has come up with my Eclipse is that the lighting for the caps lock on/off quite working and now stays on regardless.

I think that next time I buy a keyboard I'm gonna go with the Fatality.