Led Error 50

Hello, I've been having a problem with my comp the last couple of week and was wondering if anybody had a solution.

My comp would lock down every now and then or get a BSOD, I would restart and during post would get "a disk read error occurred, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" I would do that and get the same error message. Other times I would get an error that read "Hard disk could not be read, please insert system disk to start recovery" I never did that btw. If I let my comp sit turned off everything would work again for a short while. Then it started freezing before posting during the startup graphic, the LED error on my mobo said 50 so I cleared my cmos. Now when I start up my PC it

Edited by HogDog

If your having problems loading up and you even have a message saying Hard disk could not be read, i think your hard drive is faulty, try RMA'ing it or use a spare if you have one to see if it is the problem, also try a reformatting your OS, repair, or just a fresh install.

Guest ajmatson

What board do you have? My 680i manual says "50" is a USB Controller Issue, USB Init Initialize.

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 nForce 680i SLI

After looking at the manual LED 50 is listed twice once as restore nvmm, and the other as USB Init Initialize.

@damain, I thought the hard drive was the culprit initially, but why wouldn't the comp make it to post now?

-thanks

Guest ajmatson

Try to reset your board by disconnecting power and pulling the battery.

yah but he doesnt mean the CMOS he means teh battery ther are two ways to reset your board, by pulling the jumpers on the CMOS and pulling out the battery. Try doing one you haven't.

Okay seems the problems persisting , well when the hardisk do not get sufficient current they tend to deny a smooth run or let u boot in.

Other way i would support the above line is that, if hardisk does not get sufficient juice due to 1) smps fault 2) wire fault ,etc.. your O.s crashes. That is corrupting data on it. Have you faced this.??