Which Chipset Is Best?

As some of you may know i bricked my bios recently :lol: Ive been lucky though,and they've offered me a replacement mobo.I can either have the same one(in my sig)or i can go for this- http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?...amp;tid=i-g31.I like moderate oc'ing so which one should i go for? Thanks in advance.

It seems the one there offering is a mATX Board and has only 2 DIMM slots to start with, possiblky has a locked BIOS as well, only has 5.1 Channel Audio compared to 7.1, the list goes on and on. Stay with what you had and leave the BIOS imho.

I dont care about raid and 4 sata ports is plenty for my uses.The p31's southbridge is missing raid and some minor things.Thats about it in terms of difference from a p35.

I have a few 965P and P35 boards, I stuck a decent Q6600 on a 965P DQ6 and it runs a 400 X 9 with no problems as do the P35. I believe the P31 and P35 are very close to the same and from what I have seen the P35s OC a lot easier and higher...

Like i said,i just like moderate oc'ing,so if i get my e6300 to about 2.6ghz,i'll be happy.

2.6Ghz should not be a problem, I ran my E6300 at 3Ghz on a 965P DS3 board 24/7 Folding for about 2 years...