Finally An Overclockable Pc: Two Questions However

Hi guys,

I'm happy to announce that after months of savings I purchased an asus rampage formula board and a q9450 cpu. I already had 4 X 2 gb hyperx pc 6400 ddr2 from kingston so i'm using these also.

I tried to oc succesfully with asus automatic bios tool to 3 ghz but i got a software warning that the nb voltage and the dram voltage was too high although all benchamrks 'vantage' and cpu intensive programs worked fine.

My first question is what a decent oc (can survive at least a year till nehalem) for the 9450 can be and how much voltage the vcore, nb and dram can take without risks:

my settings as I can see the in the monitor are:

VCORE: 1.23v

Dram: 2.05v

Dram Ref: 1.02

NB: 1.47

+3.3: 3.28

+5: 4.94

+12: 11.82

SB: 1.07

SB2: 1.55

FSBT: 1.30

My second question, I do a lot of videao editing but not that much in hd so my 8 gigs ram isn't necessary i yhink, any recommandations for fast ramms that are compatible with the rampage?

Bram

Pull two sticks if you arent happy with 4, though i'd leave them seeing as you have already paid for them.

Overclocking on 'auto' is generally bad, and can result in excess voltage. I dunno what sort of 'software warning' you got but i'd assume it is a bad sign. Read ---> http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...t=0&start=0 And do it manually, leaving all voltages at stock unless you feel they need to be raised.

Also, full specs in your sig would be handy, although i think you did give adaqute infomation :)

Hello,

thank you sincerley for the reply. The signature is now updated. The warning message was coming from pc probe which is giving all temps and voltages.

I've read the guide but i was wondering if there is an overview of the safe settings for fsbt, vcore etc?

Bram