Over Clock Cpu Too 3.2 What About The Ram?

Right now in my system im running:

GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35

ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit

2x GeIL Esoteria 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Q6600

And i got my cpu to over clock to 3.2 stable

69288450js7.th.jpg

I'm unsure what i should try to do to get my ram to clock, everything i type in i ends up with 4.0 on cpu and 900 on ram. So basically im saying how do i get my ram to clock to somewhere that my cpu inst clock so high...

the 2x2GB Geil Esoteria will do 4-4-4-12... so you are running them loose, you might be able to run the RAM faster than 400MHz with them at 5-5-5-15 though... probably towards 600MHz

400x9 will get you 3.6 GHz, and you can run the RAM sync'd @ 400, 4-4-4-12

8x450=3.6GHz with RAM maybe at 450, 4-4-4-12... might have to switch to CL5 though

if you want to run the RAM sync'd and higher than stock, drop the multiplier from 9x to 8x or lower

Your ram is currently sync'd with your chip's FSB. That means that your memory speed directly relates to your CPU speed. So the short answer to your question is that you can't. If you push the mem speed higher, your cpu speed will go higher too.

The long answer is that you could unsync the ram and push it higher, but that gets very complicated and really doesn't offer you any real world benefit. Your overclock is a good one. You should just trying to bring your timings down to 4-4-4-12 like nrg said and you'll be fine.

thanks, i left it on auto because i read a similar post with the similar hardware. It did make a difference scored 300 points more on 3dmark06

18096791jj7.th.jpg

How are your temps looking? I am setting right at 3.00 with my rig just wanted to see what 3.2 would look like.

My Q6600 at 3.2 (8x400) @ 1.325v runs about low to mid 50c's with ambient temps around 75F when gaming. That's with a lapped TRUE and lapped IHS and a relatively quiet fan.

On a true max load like Prime or OCCT, it'll top out around 62c at similar ambient temps.

Yeah same as well when i ran Prime and OCCT stayed around 56c ish but on the charts it showed it hit some times 63c at points but not for long. I have another question, when i play css or age of conan at sometimes it seems i lock up for a few sec than it goes right back to what i was doing, why is this?

My Q6600 at 3.2 (8x400) @ 1.325v runs about low to mid 50c's with ambient temps around 75F when gaming. That's with a lapped TRUE and lapped IHS and a relatively quiet fan.

On a true max load like Prime or OCCT, it'll top out around 62c at similar ambient temps.

Thanks!

I am around 31 at idle on the hottest core and gets close to 50c at the hottest gaming so I might give it a try and see how she looks.