D-day

nVidia_Freak

That's right, at some point today FF 3 is to be released! (According to the email they sent me)

The guys at Mozilla want to break the number of downloads from FF 2 in one day (~1.5m). Who else made the pledge? If you haven't, it's still open! You don't have to to download or to be counted, just a little thing to do.

Who's ready...

for download day?! B:)

Btw, did any one notice what I did there?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long-time Firefox user I will undoubtedly download FF3. Running the last release candidate currently so I doubt I'll see too much of a difference. But looking forward to it nonetheless.

Do we need to download it from a specific website or all downloads count for the record ?

Edit: Forget that guys, I just received the email !!! :)

Re-Edit: Mmm... I'm not sure... the email link brings me to Firefox 2 download, and then there is under it a link for the 3, but it says that it is a release candidate. What does that mean ? Is it like a beta version or it is what we should download ?

Edited by The Smith

It makes no sense. It's supposed to be a new ready to go version, not a release candidate. I don't think it's out yet. If you go to FF updates, either there is no new version or the connection times out.

<edit> OK it's out. Expect a real slow download. It wasn't released until 1 PM Eastern time. </edit>

Edited by Phil