Help....reeeeeealy Low 3dmark Score

Paco

I got a few questions...thought I might get some answers from the pros :)

First off, I get a really low (for what I think) In 3dMark03.

Here are my system specs.

Pentium 4 (Celeron) [email protected] think. I like going in small increments :)

GF4 4200Ti 128mb@513/277

Asus P4B533-vm mobo

768MB DIMM DDR

Digifire 7.1 Sound

Now heres where it gets weird. Now my FSB (SiSoft Sandra said so) 4x 107 MHz 428 MHz data rate. Is this in fact set correctly?

3DMark score is 1499.

All drivers updated. Graphics for the card sll on default.

Is this expected for a system like mine?

If any one would like to see the Excel sheet, I can email it.

Thought a system like mine would do better. (Maybe)

Thanks for any replys

Paco

I say the main thing holding you back is your VidCard. The Geforce 4's aren't DirectX 9 compliant. They use Vertex Shaders 1.1 as opposed to DX 9 compliance needing Vertex Shader 2.0. That's just 1 example, there's many things in DX9 that GF4's can't do. Plus the Nature test, Test #4 requires a DX9 card, but on your GF4 it doesn't run at all, which cripples the score as well.

Don't feel too bad, you got a higher score than mine. I have a 1.8Ghz P4 and a Geforce 3 Ti500 and I got a 1202 score. 3DMark03 is really more of a next generation benchmark for newer cards than the GF4's. 3DMark2001 is a more accurate gauge of the GF4's performance.

I totally agree. I saw a few posts where the scores were better with 3Dmark 2002 on the same system. (like 3000 marks better) I guess I shouldent ######. BF1942 still kicks butt.....seems like its allways maxing out at 99 fps. crap...I just bought this card now i got to get another. Theres just a bottleneck that I cant get through.

Now what cards are DX9 compatible?

Paco

3D mark 2003 is for the nextgen of hardware,

I don' t think anything right now is going to run it at a decent frame rate

Also these programs are not meant to run efficiently, your comp could probably process graphics like the ones in 3D03 but because of the architecture of the programe, (Which is meant to push your comp) your getting the lowscore

Don't worry, the highest score i've herd of right now from 3d03 was something like 4k, and that's not that great even

Just wait a couple years.

Muninn

my comp wouldn't even run a 3dmark2003 so thats a 0 for my score there. I got a 327 on 3dmark2001se =) so compare that. I'm building a new comp though i should get about 10000+ marks on 3dmark2001se and around 2000+ marks on 2003.

Yeah, i don't know what the deal is with 3dmark 2k1

Most people think that benchmarking is just hardware based, but really it has alot to do with software

A lot of times non essential programs in windows are running in the background when you are benchmarking and it lowers your score (Just less sys resources at 3dmarks disposal)

Given point benchmarking is mostly hardware don't get me wrong but to boost your score that 500 extra points learn how to tweak windows, (Or just get debian :D:D:D )

Muninn

BTW

my 3dmark score 15000+

any good guys, haven't really compared it, give me some feedback

Wow.....lots of info here....thanks for all the input. Guess im just worried that im not getting the fps I deserve. I got another question tho. Now how safe is overclocking the mobo. Right now I am at:

Cpu 107

Agp 71

Pci 35

Those are the settings on my jumpers acording to the manual. Now should I move up a step....see how my rig runs...any problems just move it back down a notch?

Mike

I got close to 5000 on 3rd Mark 2003 with my setup at stock speeds.  I assume that's pretty good?

yeah thats pretty good! but then again you have a kick a** system!

i had to overclock the heck out of mine to get 5,000! But i bet i saved a lot more money than you :P