Future Htpc Build

Onion

I plan on building a decent HTPC soon for my parents.

How does this look?

E2160 (will be overclocked as high as it goes on air)

P35-DS3L

8600 gt (my dad likes to play racing games)

2x640 WD in raid 0

antec earthwatts 380 watt

big typhoon cooler

blu-ray reader/burner

antec 900 case

My dad is working on buying a new tv to replace the 480p POS we have and he wants to be able to take advantage of a nice tv with high def gaming and videos on his new 1080p tv. Also, what sound system do you guys suggest? I am thinking of something along the lines of z-5500 for 275 dollars. Nothing too fancy or expensive please, as long as it is easy to use and has good sound, it will do just fine.

The hardware looks good, I however would go with a cube or low profile case.

These would work good for HTPC cases...

(Some of these may be matx)

Cube style cases:

Bgears b-Envi <-$89.99

Thermaltake VF1000BWS <-$129.99

AeroCool M40-BK <-$79.99

Antec NSK1380 <-$84.99

Lian-Li PC-V300 <-$109.99

Lian Li PC-V350B <-$117.99 I've always wanted a Lian-Li case... :D

Thermaltake LanBox <-$114.99

Apevia X-QPACK 2 Portable 3 Window <-$91.99

Apevia X-QPack <-$76.99

Non-Cube Style:

Cooler Master CM Media 280 HTPC <-$129.99

NZXT DUET <---I'm quite liking this case...

Edited by Andrewr05

Thanks for the links guys, but I am not looking for something small. He likes big cases and wants to show it off lol. I also like the 900 because it is very easy to mod.

Also, I forgot to mention, I will be going with ddr2 800 2x1 gb ballistix because they are so cheap and overclock nice.

Thanks for the links guys, but I am not looking for something small. He likes big cases and wants to show it off lol. I also like the 900 because it is very easy to mod.

Also, I forgot to mention, I will be going with ddr2 800 2x1 gb ballistix because they are so cheap and overclock nice.

Well then go for a cube case.

They seem to have quite a bit of room, mod quite easily, and are quite the showpiece.

Bright stock 900 fans + HTPC use = very bad.

Though I could see using one with some low speed yate loons...humm *makes mental note if I ever build a real HTPC*

I think if I was set on a case of this style I would be either getting the 900 and swapping fans, or getting an Antec 300 and just going with that.

Anyone have a link to a good full/mid tower case? I think I might go for something along the lines of this and take out the LED's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811215006

What would be cool is if I stopped being lazy, I could build a custom plexiglass case.

Edited by l33t p1mp