Dhcp Forwarding Ics?

kage

so, in my network my firewall (pfsense) handels the DHCP, all devices connect through it to get to the internet.

however on one of my computers (Windows XP sp3) i have both a gigabit nic and a gigabit nic with integrated 4port switch, the single port nic is connected directly to my switch->firewall and gets internet fine, i have just shared this connection and any computer which connects to the 4port switch gets internet fine. however windows configures its own ip's for them all (by default they all get 192.168.0.xxx, but that can be changed in the propertys).

my problem is i want my firewall/router to administer these addresses i would just like windows to function like an acces point forwarding all dhcp information to the primary router.

is there a way i can configure this in windows, or perhaps another software which will allow me to do this?

post-17713-1213559104_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Dont set the computer up as an ICS.

Bridge the 2 connections. You may need to set a static IP on the Nic facing the 4 Port switch.

Other than that, that should ensure that the machines get there IP's from the firewall, and not the XP box.