The Internet Ends In 2012

Rokkaholik

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it for a second that the internet will come to that anyway. There's way too much money at stake with online retailers, advertising, etc... Of course these "people" won't reveal their "sources"...

It's like where I work. Anytime certain people want to get their opinion or agenda accross, but have a copout if things get heated, or called into question, they will say "They" were saying... When you ask them who "They" are, they won't tell you, or they don't remember, or you wouldn't know them... :rolleyes:

I like Tanya's hmm... shirt :lol:

can i say

BOOBS

LOL i laughed at 3:25 in the video.....watch it again if you didnt catch it lol.

as much as i think the govt. and the isp's would "like" to do this, i dont think it will ever happen. that might even cause the stock market to act wierd...big giant online retail companies like amazon.com....gone. just wont happen.

as much as i think the govt. and the isp's would "like" to do this, i dont think it will ever happen. that might even cause the stock market to act wierd...big giant online retail companies like amazon.com....gone. just wont happen.

I think the idea here is that Amazon would still be around, as it's a primary shopping source for many, and is part of the "Internet establishment". the sites that would disappear are smaller e-tails, like Petra's or Sidewinder, and a broad spectrum of non-establishment, small community sites - blogs like Kissing Suzy Kolber, tech spy sites like Expreview, and possibly even our beloved OCC...although I'd pay extra for KSK and OCC.

that being said, it would take a gargantuan effort and a total disregard for customer satisfaction to make such a change. also worth considering is the "wild, wild west" nature of the Internet - it's widely unregulated, and even in the regulated areas it's still possible to get whatever you want if you try hard enough - torrenting is a great example. as a whole, "computer people" are smarter and more capable than ISP's, and would figure out a way to bypass most (if not all) restrictions.

The fact that they all look like hippies with Liberal Arts degrees makes me doubt them, plus the article on the side saying "Rise of the British Police State."

I'll take candy from a stranger in a white van before I trust them.