Genral Internet Download Help

nightsider

i have a friend who comes over to use my laptop or pc to check his emails and stuff, but whilst he is doing that he downloads pointless games without my permison and they all contain viruses. i dont want to create a second user account because it would be a waste of space for me.

i was wondering if i could require a password to download anything off the internet eg my friend starts a download for example pic.jpg windows asks for a password to comence the donwload

Sounds like a case of putting your foot down. Your "friend" really isn't a "friend" of they can't respect your wishes. Just quit allowing him to use your PC.

There's plenty of Parental Controls type programs out there that will limit his activity if you absolutely can't control him

My first action would be exactly like everyone else is telling you. Lock down your laptop. Don't allow him to use it, or password protect the login and just tell him you're not giving the password to ANYONE.

If you're not going to stick up for yourself and you have a NAT router, you can go in and set access permissions and block websites that he regularly visits without your permission and be done with it.

The first suggestion is free and painless. You may lose a moocher, but you certainly haven't lost a "friend".

Guest KrankyOldLady
i have done he just says whateva and continues to do what he wants

How does that work for you? :)