Mod List

I have just put together a parts list for a computer I plan to build this summer, I would like to know what you think of the products, if i can get something cheaper, or suggest that i get a better part...

all suggestions are open..

PC Mod List

I'm with Dimension.....

unless of course your computer looks litke this:

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

:P

j/k

Hey

Link works fine for me

Nice system I agree with General go with the Geforce 4 chipset. It a better all around and if you want it won't cost that much more. Here's a example. At newegg you can get a Leadtek ti 4200 for $111.0!! Only about 20 bucks more than the FX card.

Here is the actual name of the video card at newegg.

VGA LEADTEK|GF4 TI4200 64M /TV/DVI Output Retail Box

Good Luck with new sys :D

if youre talkin lowend fx(which they are dimension), then yeah i would say go with the gf4.

Otherwise everything looks good except for the fact that youre using intel. <_< , if there was one thing id say to change itd be go with amd.

make sure you need the dvd-rw cuz thats killin ya, if your gonna be burnin games for your ps2 and xbox then fine, that justifies the price, but otherwise i wouldnt get it. I'd step up the hard drive, prolly not that much, and more is always better with hds. I'd get a better heatsink, cuz with 15 bucks you can't do too much... try a slk-900 if your board will permit it and go with either a tornado (if your deaf, or only want the best preformance) or a panaflo (if you like semi-peace and pretty good preformance). for video id step it up to a 9500 pro only 178 so not too much more. im not used to building intel boxes but do you need that much power??? once again my inexperience with intel leads me to ask, is that msi board any good or can you get better? cathodes...10 for dual kit (one bulb), and 6 for the bulb alone soo that =s 16 @ jab-tech.com. i like the case, but im thinkin your spending tooo much for it. are there even front intakes??

hope my opinion helps. good luck and happy spending.

gotta love newegg tho..great shipping, prices, and cust service.

You know what? Although i happen to have an AMD athlon xp, I recommend you getting an Intel P4 since they are more reliable and i suppose worth your money. People with AMD generally complain as opposed to Intel users. We know that Intel is costly, but if you want your computer to last a good while then you should go for a change. Prices have dropped recently because of the 800FSB cpu's. Good Luck. I shall return...

How long to u want ur comp to last a decade? I mean after three to five years its an antique so why do u need it to last? BTW neither are unrealiable