Hdmi

dling

I've got an dvi out to hdmi in cable, I cant get a display on my mon. using it .:(

It seems that it should work ,am I wrong?

Edited by dling

I can understand lots of people....

even in a couple of other foreign languages,,,,

but I have to admit.... I'm stumped here

I am as well, couldn't really get the gist of it, however I will try.

Original Text:

I've got an dvi out to hdmi in cable, I get a display on my mon. using it .:(

It seems that it work ,am I wrong?

Translation:

I have a DVI to HDMI cable, I DON'T get any display using it. :(

It seems that is SHOULD, am I wrong?

While the system is on and the screen is blank if you have another output on your video card switch to it, I had the same problem I currently run a DVI out of my pc to a HDMI into my tv and this is how I fixed it.

Thanks.

As for the broken English. "SORRY".

I have a habit of thinking of what I'm writing, and just not getting all the words from brain to text.

I have using the same kind of setup. One thing you need to do is to make sure the display drivers sets the video output to your TV.

Does it matter if its a monitor,not a TV ?

Never mind ,I got it .

thanks ;)

Edited by dling

I still don't understand what your doing, but my setup is PC DVI/HDMI to HDMI Switcher to HDMI/DVI Monitor. The other HDMI slots was for my 360, which I let my brother borrow and probably will never be returned. My screen does go blank and stays blank if I try to switch it while the monitor is still on. It's a 50/50 chance while the monitor is on it will swap correctly. So for extra measures of getting 100% I just turn it off, hit the switch button wait 3 seconds and turn it on.

I have no clue if this helps you or not. Also make sure you have the lastest video drivers. Never hurts to make sure.

if I disconnect my DVI lead from my monitor and plug it back in while the system is running, the monitor does NOT come back on... so annoying lol... I have to hard-reboot

so if you are trying to connect a monitor/TV while the system is running, try connecting the monitor/TV first, turn it on, then turn the PC on, and if the monitor/TV doesn't come on during POST, quickly fumble with the monitor/TV controls until you switch to the appropriate input source