1. 1. OS

• Vista 64bit
    • Vista 32bit
    • XP 64bit
    • XP
    • OSX
    • Linux
    • Other

$10 to MS will get you a 64 bit disk. :)

I just downloaded a torrent of Vista 64 back when I used Vista because your 32 bit serial key works for 64 bit. Personally, I see purchasing software as purchasing the serial key, Direct2Drive and Steam just reaffirm that belief.

Anyways, I use Ubuntu 8.04 as my main OS, however I also have it dualboot/Virtual Machine XP Pro. I never game on my computer anymore because my 360 has better graphics than my laptop could ever have.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Rig XP x64, LAN/Edit/Shuttle rigs XP Pro, Server Win Server 2003 EE 32 bit, Gateway laptop XP MCE, Acer laptop Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Most of thoes have a dual boot of Ubuntu in various flavors (7.10 x64/8.04 x64/x86).

• 4 weeks later...

I voted XP, but I actually have two drives. The main drive has XP Pro and the secondary drive has Ubuntu, Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS 64-bit installed on it. I would be using Ubuntu solely if I wasn't a gamer. I don't like using programs to allow game playing.

No option for dual boots? :(

I dual boot Vista Home Premium 64 and XP 32. I spend most of my time in Vista though because I'm trying to give it another fair shot and so far I'm liking it a lot more after a hardware upgrade and the addition of SP1. But I still fall back to XP for a few bits and pieces that don't work for me in Vista.

:withstupid: same here

anyways Vista for me

I just downloaded a torrent of Vista 64 back when I used Vista because your 32 bit serial key works for 64 bit. Personally, I see purchasing software as purchasing the serial key

I still see it as illegally downloading software :ph34r:

Although you paid for the key you did not pay for that software copy

I still see it as illegally downloading software :ph34r:

Although you paid for the key you did not pay for that software copy

Way I see it is he didn't want to pay M$ $10 to send him one in the mail. He still legally obtained a license however. Honestly tho $10 isn't that much....

Edited by Compxpert

Microsoft only requires you to pay for the liscense, not the disc. Actually if you dig around their site enough you will find instructions on how to copy the discs they give you as well as slipsteam them with sp2,3.

Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 (I've never used Pro), prior to that SP2, before that SP1, before that Windows ME, Before that 98, :lol:

Before that was 95/DOS, and before that was 3 series/DOS...