16gb Iphone $299 July 11

Syngensmyth

16GB iPhone 3G $299 July 11

8GB for $199

In 22 countries, 60 countries by years end. But I'm stuck with Sprint so ....

Dang I just got a Centro. :unsure::blink:

Edited by Syngensmyth

A few nice additions over the first version, which should make it a more complete package.

Topic linked from news post here. :)

Edited by jammin

A few nice additions over the first version, which should make it a more complete package.

Topic linked from news post here. :)

Actually heard it on Twitlive.tv when they were listening to the announcement but thanks for the link. :lol:

Edited by Syngensmyth

I'm assuming it will be $500 if you purchase the 16gig without a plan? I also wonder if the "low price" is for new customers only or if you renew your contract with AT&T.

They're actually requiring activation in store now, so there's really no non-subsidized price for it. Looks like you'll have to take your chances on eBay for the new iPhone.

If you have the current iPhone, what AT&T is doing is scrapping your old plan and starting you on a new two year plan. The reason they're doing this is to be able to charge an extra $10 for the data plan, which they couldn't legally tack on to your existing plan.

While the addition of 3G, GPS, and better call quality, along with the $199 price point are certainly great, I'm not sure I would want to take on the additional $10 a month. Plus, that plastic casing leaves me a little worried about scratches and durability, something I don't have to worry about with my aluminum iPhone. I'm going to have to see it in person before making any decisions.