• Nvidia
  2. 2. Cpu

• Intel
    • AMD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ste yea i got that info before n i said its a brillient idea all im looking for now is what people class as a rock solid mobo

If you want SLI capabilities - Asus P5N-D

If you don't SLI capabilities - MSI P45 Neo-F

One of those should handle a solid little Core 2 Dou now and leave enough room for an upgrade to Core 2 Quad further down the line. Nehalem will of course need a new socket, LGA-1366.

Invest 1500 into a new rig, put the rest in a 2 year CD, and pull it out and build another rig when it matures. I don't think anything you build will be worth a crap six years from now, and you would've wasted all your money. For the time being I'd say ATi and Intel.

Well I used the same computer for at least 6 years without a problem until 2005 when I got more into gaming. If you are a gamer then I'd say a $1500 rig every three years beats a $3000 rig now. just my 2c

My only suggestion would be to splurge on the case, power supply and moniter, so in a year or two when you goto upgrade, you can keep those primary components, Perhaps even DVD burners, go for the gold in Plextor, optorite or samsung so you won't have to replace those as well.

Well I used the same computer for at least 6 years without a problem until 2005 when I got more into gaming. If you are a gamer then I'd say a $1500 rig every three years beats a $3000 rig now. just my 2c

Yea well I have a 286 that works fine also, however I am not waiting on that thing... Just build you a cheap C2D (E8400) rig with a decent VC and as said upgrade again in a couple years...