Graphics/cpu  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Graphics card

• ATI
    • Nvidia
  2. 2. Cpu

• Intel
    • AMD

smeed i never thought of that and i think she may have been pissed when she tore up my flat well thats what shes claiming anyway any sujestions on a decent core 2 duo rig with core duo graphics card?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: Wouldn't it be more financially feasible to use your money on something more useful; and not being frugal with your expenditures? A new computer would be the last thing I spend cash on if i was going through a money-tight situation. Maybe I just didn't understand your situation. Good Luck.

Forgive me if I play devils advocate here, but wouldn't it be smarter to not spend a whole lot of money building a computer if you've been filing for bankruptcy? You can get some pretty quick hardware for cheap nowadays...

Oh...Intel + nvidia (single card)

Nvidia will almost always get my vote because they're smart and have lifetime warranties. I couldn't imagine how irate I would be if a $300 card gave up the ghost a year and a half after I bought it and I couldn't do anything about it.

But...you might as well wait and see how the upcoming generation cards do.

at the min i dont know what my financial out look will be untill tmorrow i would just repair my rig its getting out dated anyway

specs:

AMD 4200+

Asus Mn SLI Deluxe

a realy old nvidia graphics card has 128 mb of ram

1gb of ram

The 8800 GT/9600 GT cards are more then enough for 90% of all gamers. If you MUST have the extra 20% FPS, going from 500fps to 600fps, by all means go for a 9800 XXX card.

If I were you, I would spend about $500 for a solid little system to get by with for 3 years or so. Over time you'll upgrade components in your system, at times you can afford them. So most of the compenents you're planning on buying now will be gone before 2 years are up (cpu and video being the two major ones). So, just make sure you get a SOLID mobo which will last, and the rest piecemeal together the best you can knowing in 8-12 months something's getting replaced.

Edited by pkilway

so let me get this straight your ex messed everything up you own didnt take her to court. now your going to borrow 6gs to pay off debts and buy a bad azz computer. i really dont think a computer should be your first worry. but its your life not mine. i would get a 3g loan from the bank and grab a intel quad extreme a crossfire board with two 4870x2. 4 gigs or more of good ram. some sata hard drives and a very nice case. o make sure to get a generator to so when you get kicked out or loose your house you can still power this very nice computer.

The 8800 GT/9600 GT cards are more then enough for 90% of all gamers. If you MUST have the extra 20% FPS, going from 500fps to 600fps, by all means go for a 9800 XXX card.

If I were you, I would spend about $500 for a solid little system to get by with for 3 years or so. Over time you'll upgrade components in your system, at times you can afford them. So most of the compenents you're planning on buying now will be gone before 2 years are up (cpu and video being the two major ones). So, just make sure you get a SOLID mobo which will last, and the rest piecemeal together the best you can knowing in 8-12 months somethings getting replaced.

Nehalem

yea man i dont need to worie bout geting kicked out man wat is it with half the diy streat come on here actin like they know most of this friggin comunity

Grow up. You ask for opinions, you get opinions. <_<

You want build suggestions...do some research...propose some stuff and a budget, then you'll get better responses.

did you just refer to me as a diy street user. lol man check your facts before you start rambling on about things now i suggested a very good setup for under 3gs and it would last awhile at least 4 years or so.

Edited by capthowdy575

No setup will last 6 years, your far better off using half your budget to build a computer now, and use the other half to upgrade/build a new computer two or three years down the road.

That should be clear by this reply..

Edited by Ste