University Desktop

daniel

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pci-ex...s-2-0,1915.html

If I remember correctly that article highlights the performance drop based on the number of lanes in operation. I also recently read a review showing the 4850s in crossfire on a P45 and it proved that 2x 16x slots on x38/48 actually gives greater performance than the 2x 8x slots on a p45

Hope that helps

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if there is no actual difference which motherboard would u recommend??? im looking for something that can run a gtx 280 or a 4870x2 in the best conditions possible for around 100-150 bucks... although i said previously that i might not OC... i was thinking that i could also do a minor OC... its just an idea... so which motherboard would u guys recommend???

any help is appreciated...

I'd look at the P45 boards, plenty of connectivity, looks to be a good OCer and the PCIe should't limit any potential bandwidth of a double gpu card like the X2. Bare in mind, it's not the best choice for a crossfire config, and obviously no sli. As far as pricing goes, I had a look at the Gigabyte and Asus boards and they varied between

Well after making up my mind i came out with the following, this can be my final setup the only thing that can change will be the vidcard depending on the release price of the 4870x2, and the other changes could be the ones the OCC suggest.

- EVGA 01G-P3-1282-AR GeForce GTX 280 SuperClocked Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

- 2x SAMSUNG 20X DVD

Edited by daniel