What Os The Better Hd?

Mist

I built my system about three weeks ago and decided to use a Maxtor ata 133 with the 8mb cache It is an 80 gig and rather well. I spent around 119 with shipping for and have had no probs. My friends comp uses the western digital ata 100 special edition and both our comps have about the same stuff. Both run amd xp 2000+ tbreds geforce mx 420's mine is agp and his is pci. We both have an nforce 2 board that allows us to oc it. The thing is I never see maxtor realy mentioned on here and side by side mine will sartup faster shutdown quicker and anything that requires using the hard drive is a little faster. We both have xp home and use 14% of the hard drives. My question is whether or not the western d is better than the maxtor and ir not why is the maxtor never mentioned?

i like maxtor over WD...although both have good track records.

it might be the name...Maxtor is strong, powerful, dynamic. western digital is a little more homely :P

but really i'm not sure what you mean...i don't think i've ever heard anyone say anything bad about maxtor...maybe the tend to be a little more expensive...not sure.

yes i know mine is ata 133 but my question was which was better. Also how long to u need ur hd to last? I mean we are on an overclocker forum so five years from now it would be an antique and 2 years it would be a paper weight. Personally the longest any hard drive I had gave out after 6 years. Sad I still used it but then again that was before I really used it for games.

I didnt say anyone had said it was bad its that the maxtor is never mentioned when building a new computer.

Edited by Mist