Help A Bro Out, New Gameing Rig Idea Ver. 2

DeepSeaDoc

Ok first thing first. I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me in my new rig endeavor. You guys are really great. My first post I was taken to school and with good purpose. So I have taken all the input and reanalyzed everything and this is what I have come up with.

For the CPU I am torn between going Quad or Dual. My thought process is that maybe the new GPU will somehow take advantage of the Quads. Not sure but it is down to these. I here so many different reviews and opinions between these two.

Quad:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115017

Dual:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115037

For Motherboard since I don

Well as far as the monitor goes, the NEC is an excellent choice. I like the amount of inputs on that. I use NEC's a lot at work for video editing and they are very nice.

Edited by Crow47

Well as far as the monitor goes, the NEC is an excellent choice. I like the amount of inputs on that. I use NEC's a lot at work for video editing and they are very nice.

Yea that monitor will go just perfect. It is a still for under $500. I cant wait for these darn new GPU to come out its killing me!

DeepSea

At first, CPU. personally id go for a quadcore. why? becouse it has more cores. although its partly true that games dont use more cores (although this is slowly changing), that time will end. we have had dual cores and quad cores for some time now, and it will come. since im assuming you wont buy another pc in the next 18 months, id say, go for quad now you can (if you gonna OC, id recommend the Q6600 over Q9300. Q9450 would be awesome)

GPU: ATI will launch the 48x0 series the 25th of june, Nvidia on the 17th. so might wait for that. however!!!

if you choose to stick with the green side of the force, personally i would look into getting a P45 motherboard. you dont want to run SLI, so investing money in X38/48 / 780i/790i is pointless. with a single GPU a P45 wont perform much less....

Well that is what I was thinking till I checked this article out http://www.cpu3d.com/content/view/4210/16/1/0/

It has got me all messed up now lol. That puts Quad vs. Dual core processors in perspective. Great Article!!

What to do .....What to do!!! I must say the Q9450 will have to be looked at some more!!

What you think?

DeepSea

You do know that article is BS right, look at other benchmarks and the E8400 wins almost every test against the Q6600.

Ya, that was a weird article, haven't seen a Q6600 beat a E8400 in many tests.

Anyways great choices in general though, will be a kick . computer whatever CPU you end up getting.