Cod4 1.6 Patch

itsernst

Have you completely uninstalled the entire game, manually removed any left over files/folders and cleaned up the registry?

If not, that would be my next step, and then a fresh installation of the game and ONLY installing the 1.6v patch.

I almost think you have to install the previous patches first. Like 1.4 HAS to be installed before 1.5.

I'm not surer wether or not 1/6 requires the previous ones but might be worth looking into.

If I need to I can upload the 1.6 patch I used with no issues. I updated PB and good to go.

If your using a 64 bit OS though (win x64) you need to copy pnkbstr a and b out of syswow64 and into sys32 and allow them through.

That's been an issue with x64 OS's.

I just figured that based on the size of the 1.6 patch (282+ MB) that it was a roll up of all previous patches also. But you may be right and previous patches may need installed first. Surely the installation package is coded such that if previous patches are required you will get a notification during the patching process.

Strange thing is that Activision's official website still has version 1.4 listed as the latest patch available. Really weird.

Anyway, good luck itsernst getting everything up and running.

Cheers mate.

Yea 1.5 prompts to install 1.4 first, 1.6 doesn't mention this so it could very well be a complete patch kit.

I've never tried installing just the 1.6 I will look into that shortly (I'm currently backing up my HDD cause it's gettign completely wiped and compeltely reformatted (entirely))

Will do, installing when I get home..

v1.6 update does appear to be an all inclusive patch, It asked not for either previous patch, wether or not it's stable without the previous two is yet to be determined,.

Edited by pvtgump

Will do, installing when I get home..

v1.6 update does appear to be an all inclusive patch, It asked not for either previous patch, wether or not it's stable without the previous two is yet to be determined,.

got mine from filefront if thats any help, and i went from 1.4 to 1.6 as the server im a regular on had stayed 1.4 up until this recent patch ( <3 creek and killhouse )

Creek and Killhouse are both fun maps, And Creek is the first map that truly gives us the ability to snipe a little bit.

And Killhouse in my opinion is a glorified Shipment, but it's way more fun imho cause there's actually places to hunker down.