Cod4 1.6 Patch

itsernst

So i installed the 1.6 Patch, install punkbuster patch, restart game and no servers are found; I cannot connect to anything. So i roll back to Patch 1.5 from a previous backup, everything works without issue. So i try completely uninstalling the game and re-installing, reinstall 1.6 patch, punkbuster update and still same thing.

I have disabled any service/firewall/etc. that would block any ports and still nothing!!

Anyone have a fix...im about to rip my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded my 1.6v patch from the Gamershell.

Patch installation was painless and everything is working as it should.

Man...its awful! Still today, does not work; Thank god for Acronis! I have tried 2 different sites now; I guess ill keep going :angry2:

Is it a problem with the punkbuster patch? I didn't run any punkbuster patch when I installed my COD 1.6 patch.

Maybe it has something to do with punkbuster and nothing to do with the 1.6 patch itself?

I personally had no issues, I don't even remembver where I got it from now, no issues though, updated PB just fine, Although I am see issues with some ppl having pb cvar issues.

Have you completely uninstalled the entire game, manually removed any left over files/folders and cleaned up the registry?

If not, that would be my next step, and then a fresh installation of the game and ONLY installing the 1.6v patch.