Arrrg! Connot Configure Raid!!!

philbrown23

yeah so in the bios it detects both raptors, but when I go to configure raid, it does not read them! what the heck!!! can someone help?

That could work too. :lol:

(My board won't even let me into the config screen without it enabled from what I remember)

You know it's pretty hard to get confused setting up RAID, just read your manual. :)

Edited by jammin

thanks, I overlooked the option to enable raid, it's in the stupidest spot, I've ever seen. Also now while trying to doi a clean install, it keeps saying that none of my disks meet the criteria for a microsoft install?? What the.... I'm haveing problems, I have not had this much trouble in a long time.

thanks, I overlooked the option to enable raid, it's in the stupidest spot, I've ever seen. Also now while trying to doi a clean install, it keeps saying that none of my disks meet the criteria for a microsoft install?? What the.... I'm haveing problems, I have not had this much trouble in a long time.

Are you following the steps in your manual?

Everything you need to know should be covered in section 5.4 and 5.5.

I think i know the problem that your having, if the maximus is anything like the rampage. sing Syngensmyth's song on the post above mine, should do the trick ;). I had my 500GB hooked up when i tried to install vista, and vista read the RAID correctly, but I wanted to install the RAID drivers from the disk because we all know how crappy vista's integrated drivers are. With the 500GB hooked up, vista would give me some fubared error; when i disconnected my 500GB (and my card reader/floppy drive, which hooks up via USB but non-the-less take up drive letters) then installed my own RAID drivers, the vista installation read everything just fine and went through the install flawlessly... or, as flawlessly as vista can :D.

Edited by Snugg