New Egg Sucks Chode

Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.

Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Venson. How may I assist you today?

Venson: Hi! Thanks for contacting us. How can I help you today?

Robert: Venson, I know you had nothing to do with this,but I TRIED to purchase a MSI K9N2 Diamond mother board from your website. You guys said it was in stock. I filled out all the information needed. I called this morning to verified that I would be getting expidited (for a customer I'm building the computer for). You guys tell me its not in stock and that you would void the order and I would be charged.

Robert: Well I was charged.

Robert: And now you guys are saying that the money won't go back into my account until next week. There is no way I will be able to finish that computer.

Robert: I'll be sure to voice my opinion with forums and express my feelings against this situation.

Venson: We do apologize for this inconvenience however, all the products and prices are listed in real time on our website. May I have your order number please?

Robert: The wesite said you guys had it in stock last night.

Robert: i don't have a order number

Robert: 624------ [{(can't list that)}]

Robert: thats my order number

Venson: Yes, sometimes the website said the item is in stock while you are adding the item into cart, however when you are going to check out, it has been updated and is out of stock. That's why we say it is listed in real time.

Robert: it was still instock when i rechecked before i turned the computer off last night

Venson: I do apologize however any items on our website might be out of stock even you have finished the order. I checked the stock on our website and currently there is still one of this item in stock.

Robert: How is the customer supposed to know that the item is in stock?

Venson: I've successfully checked out as well. However, we still cannot guarantee this item will not be out of stock in next hours.

Robert: I need that board

Robert: and I need it tomorrow

Robert: why did the agent tell me none was in stock?

Robert: we could have saved all this frustration if she just went ahead and ordered it

Venson: We do apologize unfortunately we are unable to place the order for customers. In addition, if this item is out of stock, we are unable to help you and send it to you. I see your order was not processed successfully since the alternative shipping address on your order is not listed on your credit card account.

Venson: You might add that address directly to your credit card account so that we can resubmit this order and your order should have be processed already.

Robert: But we were in the process of fixing that when she told me it was out of stock

Robert: Do you tell the customer its out of stock if there is only one left?

Robert: I don't understand

Venson: Probably it is out website error that the item's quantity has not been updated yet.

Robert: SO now I'm suck waiting "3-5 days" for the money to go back into my account because of a mistake this morning?

Venson: We do apologize for this inconvenience caused. Normally our internal system is updated faster. When she resubmitted your order, she was notified that the item in your order has been out of stock so that she was unable to resubmit this order for you.

Venson: We do apologize however we did not charge you physically. The funds are just pending at your bank's end, I will send a request to our accounting department to offer the authorization code which we got from your bank. I will then update you via email so that you can contact your bank with that code to get your money back as soon as possible.

Robert: That would be appreciated. The bank says they actually need you guys to call them

Robert: so the funds can be can be put back in

Robert: their number is 1800 877 8328

Venson: We are unable to call them directly. What we can do is to provide you that authorization code got from your bank to release your funds. You can also forward your bank that cancellation email we sent to you so that they can release the hold on your funds.

Robert: I need that authorization code

Robert: believe me if you were me in this situation you would be doing the same thing

Venson: Yes, I do understand your concern. I will send a request to our accounting right now and get back to you later via email. It should be within 24 business hours.

Robert: Thanks but not good enough. Like I said I will post this on plenty of forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah that was my experience with newegg.com. What a bunch of . ups.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...OK? It sounds like they ran out of motherboards and did everything reasonably expected of them to get your money back to you as soon as possible. I'm not feeling the hate here. :blink:

Inventory goes dry. It happens. Everyday. They could've just fed you the line and told you it will take 3-5 days and to go screw - which after seeing how you've reacted to this, I wish they would've done.

Instead they offered to contact accounting to get the authorization code to you, so you could call the bank and get your pending transaction straightened out. They went above and beyond what they had to do, so in my opinion, way to go Newegg.

You obviously didn't read it all. When I called the lady this morning to verify the order. She went through the whole process of taking the money and everything and then told me that they didn't have ti. She also told me that my card wouldn't be charged. So I was like ok. One hour later I call up a different company. They've got it instock and I go to order it. They tell me that I don't have enough funds.... I looked in my bank account. Newegg took the money out.

Not to mention the 2 hrs that I spend back and forth with them and my bank. The reason I got on that chat was to let them know they .ed up. They started by saying it wasn't their fault and if you reald later you see him saying "oh well it could be there was a glitch in the site."

It sounds to me like Newegg's system hit your card before you were done checking out, and your bank took the money out as a hold. It's the same concept as pumping gas. Once you pump, you'll notice most gas stations take anywhere from a $1-10 hold out, and then the full amount comes out a few days later. I could be wrong, but even if I am looking at this differently, I think Venson performed his job very well given the circumstances.

wow, . really does happen.

but this small error (if you want to call it that) will not affect my decision to buy most of my computer stuff from newegg. Things have always gone really smooth with my orders - they are most times the cheapest, ship and recieve fast, and the couple times I had to contact them they were nice to me.

i have never had any trouble at all with NewEgg.

thier service is 1st class all the way.

if you have the cancellation to forward to your bank to remove the hold tha ball is in your banks court.

not NewEgg's.

If you notice. I'm not attacking Venson. Venson was a great person to talk to. It sounds as if you've never been frustrated with a situation such as this LoArmistead. I never said he wasn't doing his job either. I've shopped with newegg for 6 years. All it takes it one incident involving money. That money was very critical as well. Not only am I missing that money but now I'm missing money from the customer I'm building it for. Understand that frustration?

I don't think you guys are understanding whats going on. I'm not trying to sway your opinion one way or the other. I'm just making you aware. What happened could have been avoided 1) By having the correct stock listed on their site 2) If the girl verifying my shipping and billing address hadn't charged my card.

If you notice. I'm not attacking Venson. Venson was a great person to talk to. It sounds as if you've never been frustrated with a situation such as this LoArmistead. I never said he wasn't doing his job either. I've shopped with newegg for 6 years. All it takes it one incident involving money. That money was very critical as well. Not only am I missing that money but now I'm missing money from the customer I'm building it for. Understand that frustration?

I understand your frustration but I don't know if it's all warranted. Surely your customer will understand that things like this happen and that you have done everything in your power to make it right? I guess the past four years in retail and dealing with issues like this and constantly pissed off customers has humbled me to this whole situation.

This just seems like an unforchanet situation. I see no reason to start hating newegg or be worried about ordering from them.

Just curious but why didn't you just use a credit card instead of debt card. You could have probably eliminate the problem of not having enough funds in your account.

...OK? It sounds like they ran out of motherboards and did everything reasonably expected of them to get your money back to you as soon as possible. I'm not feeling the hate here. :blink:

Inventory goes dry. It happens. Everyday. They could've just fed you the line and told you it will take 3-5 days and to go screw - which after seeing how you've reacted to this, I wish they would've done.

Instead they offered to contact accounting to get the authorization code to you, so you could call the bank and get your pending transaction straightened out. They went above and beyond what they had to do, so in my opinion, way to go Newegg.

:withstupid:

What I got out of the converation:

You screwed up because you used an alternate shipping address and forgot to notify your credit card company. Almost all reputable companies will check with credit cards and your order will not be processed until it's verified. Thus your card wasn't charged, and it would appear in the time it took you to fix the problem, the product was sold out.

The first rep you spoke to corrected the issue with the credit card and processed the order, at which point she discovered the product was now out of stock.

Your money gets held up, but the funds are never drawn, so Venson gives you the authorization number to release the hold on the funds.

Conclusion:

Newegg: A+ Service

So you registered here just to rant about how you think you got screwed by newegg.

Bear in mind that Newegg has such a large volume of sales that potentially more people would be trying to order a given item than what they have in stock, and this could result in a problem if 2 people submitted an order at the exact same instant.

In the few instances where there were problems with an order I placed from them they always went above and beyond to resolve the situation; they even once refunded the amount of a rebate I was supposed to receive when the manufacturer didn't want to honor the rebate.

I've been very satisfied with their service [off topic]just wish they'd go back to FedEx as they're primary carrier[/off topic] and their customer service has been exceptional.

With the amount of orders they have to process, there are bound to be a few issues here and there; you just seem to have been one of the unlucky ones, but from my perspective (and yes I did read the whole conversation) they went out of their way to try to straighten things out for you.