Kb Finally Has

Which rotella? Rottella dino was awesome... until they changed the formula to meet the new CJ-4 standard. It now has issues with bikes due to friction additives... the synthetic blue gallon jug is what I use, and has not been changed... yet.

And I'm still voting that that bike is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seafoam and a good carb cleaning should help out with that. Some of it might have also had to do with the baffles being removed.

Did someone say SEAFOAM!?

Nice bike, by the way! :thumbs-up:

Which rotella? Rottella dino was awesome... until they changed the formula to meet the new CJ-4 standard. It now has issues with bikes due to friction additives... the synthetic blue gallon jug is what I use, and has not been changed... yet.

And I'm still voting that that bike is going to be more trouble than it's worth.

I have just about rebuilt one motorcycle from the ground up, this one runs just fine, and I plan on keeping it that way as long as possible. The timing was a combination of the baffles being removed and it being at the routine maintenence point. There's no way this will give me a bigger headache than my 250. Plus, you have no idea how badly I've been wanting to ride over the years. I've even snuck my 250 out illegally onto the highway to put along at 45 MPH.

Thanks for the info on the oil. I'll probably stop by the local dealership as well to see if they can get me anything. Great folks there. Not sure if I mentioned it yet, but I snuck into an MSF BRC. $115+1 for my Class M endorsement now.

Carbs were cleaned, past owner did a lot of wrenching. Only problem is one of the rear suspension tube-things needs a new bolt to hold it to the frame. Going to try to get that done this weekend.

PS Unforgivin, it runs fine :P.