Need Some Suggestions

GaiusMaxwell

if you're not buying online, forget about buying watercooling from a computer fair... you'll get RUBBISH systems from thermaltake and the like...

if you can get a decent air heatsink from Thermalright, Xigmatek, Noctua, OCZ... from a computer fair, I'd be VERY surprised... and slightly jealous lol

a single 8800GTS 512 (AFAIK, all 512 cards are G92, easy to distinguish from G80) will be 3-4 times as powerful as an 8600GT, that's how bad the 86 is... this is pretty much all your problem...

for $600, I'd suggest going for the graphics card, the highest performance CPU heatsink you can find, and possibly some fans for the CPU heatsink

if you're not buying online, forget about buying watercooling from a computer fair... you'll get RUBBISH systems from thermaltake and the like...

if you can get a decent air heatsink from Thermalright, Xigmatek, Noctua, OCZ... from a computer fair, I'd be VERY surprised... and slightly jealous lol

a single 8800GTS 512 (AFAIK, all 512 cards are G92, easy to distinguish from G80) will be 3-4 times as powerful as an 8600GT, that's how bad the 86 is... this is pretty much all your problem...

for $600, I'd suggest going for the graphics card, the highest performance CPU heatsink you can find, and possibly some fans for the CPU heatsink

I have a supplier also, i usually buy Gcards, RAM, mobo and like at the fair since there is massive range of brands and all at wholesale prices, my supplier is where i buy cases, PSUs and cpus and im guessing that he can get a hold of a water cooling system, is there any full kits that arent a bad performance thermaltake?

EDIT: oh, i would also like an opinion on whether i should stay on XP for buy a copy of vista, i have heard that DX10 works wonders for AoC

Edited by Whatislove

Wow I conceded that maybe the 8800gts with a "G92" core will beat a "single" 9600GT but seriously 3x98000gtx you must have miss typed.

I meant, and typed 3x 9800GTX vs 8800GTS *G92* SLI (ie. 2x 8800GTS *G92*) are pretty close in performance for the difference in price of the 2 setups. BUT!!!! I Was wrong, i confused it with a 8800GTX x3 vs 8800GTS x2 (the GTS was the G92 version)

But in any regard the 8800GTS (G92) and 9800GTX, are very close in performance.