Xbox 360=bad On Monitor. I Need A New Cable.

SMeeD

I hooked up my xbox to my monitor and it looks horrible, but Im using the stock RGB cable so I think that could be the problem. It looks blurry, thats given because its running at 480p on my 1680*1050 monitor. But, it looks like its not de-interlaced properly. I think need to upgrade my cable and I saw this on monoprice: Component Cable for Xbox

Maybe I should get the VGA version? My monitor can do both and Im not sure what will yeild better results.

vga will be better than component definitely although you'd probably have to run 720p... it's still 720p progressive so yeah, better than component... if your monitor does HDCP you could use HDMI... I even tricked a 360 into running a non-HDCP monitor by pluggin in my 1920x1200 HDCP monitor, then somehow (I can't remember), I took the monitor back to my room (because it's my main monitor), and put my second 1680x1050 non-HDCP monitor in the lounge and connected it up and it worked... attempting to change the resolution/settings of the display made the 360 remember to do a HDCP check though and said it "couldn't" do it (even though it had been for like 4 day lol)

get the vga cable, it will work more easily than component on a monitor at it will run at standard resolutions. I used to have one, but sold it when i moved my xbox 360 on to my HDTV. Dont bother to get the offical ones, most of the 3rd party ones work just as well.

Edited by Ricky C

It looks like Im sold on the VGA cable then. Thanks guys once again for all of your help. A friend is going to lend me a VGA cable for the time being so I wont be needing one Fireonice.