Andrewr05

I Have A Headache...

Yes that was a good link. If you don't go with that case and psu combo, the combo in the tomshardware link is also good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...ntec%20NSK4480B

Hmmm I didn't even think to look at cases that came with power supplies, I figured they would be "el cheapo" power supplies but I guess Antec uses their earthwatts series...

:O

Hmmmm...

Essentially the same setup from Directron.com (a few things are different but essentially everything is the same) is cheaper with shipping...

So heres a question for you all, should I wait till sometime around christmas (whether it be before or after) to buy my stuff?

I'm thinking that if I wait I'm bound to find something that is a great deal.

Of course things go on sale all the time, so I could get a good deal and then a week later I could see an even better deal.

But would I be correct in assuming that around the holidays there should be some good deals on hardware?

Not only that but is Skt 775 hardware gonna come down any after i7 gets a bit more popular?

Actually...

Hmmm...

If anyone is switching over to i7 and is willing to get rid of their old hardware for cheap then I' be willing to strike a deal with them...

p5k is a smokin good board for a p35 chipset and ddr2 1066......!!.....and if you were to consider a p45 board then the biostar tseries/tpower p45hp blew my mind when i built it for my daughter recently w/e8500 and 4g corsair 800xms....very fast and easy to work with....set fsb to 400 w/9.5 and booted right into 3.8g no problem....not 1 single hang...!!.....whatever you decide i know you will do your homework and shopping first....!!

cya..........cj

ps .......don't wait jump in with both feet.....!!.....if ya snooze ya lose....!!

Edited by cjloki

Yea, Black Friday is bound to have some good deals...

If I don't get anything good on BF then I'll check for deals on Slickdeals.net around new years and christmas...

The offer still stands to buy some hardware from OCC members as well.

Just to let you know however I won't have any money in my Paypal account till around christmas...

I splurged on an Antec P182...

It was an impulse buy honestly, don't beat me!!!

It might be a great case but it wasn't the best decision for a budget build...

-_-

Despite that... Its sitting right here in front of me...

Now I just need to buy some components...

so what parts do you have now? jsut the case and the video card right?

(iv'e been shopping seriously hard lately and working deal angles. i might have seen something you need.)

keep your eye on slickdeals.net they always have people reporting deals they found on various sites. fairly tech heavy too.

Edited by robAP

See signature...

:P

So far just optical drives, the case, video card, and an assumed to be working processor...

So I need a motherboard, memory, power supply, etc...

Edited by Andrewr05

well i chase the mail-in rebates on my slow build. I'm sort of in your camp here as i jsut bought a new kitchen. and I had NO IDEA it was THAT expensive. I should change to your avatar.

So anyway, the mail-in-rebate game really works with reputable companies or else you risk not getting money back...but its the money coming back that re-energizes a slow builds funding.

so heres what im finding.

ASUS P5Q SE plus sure its $97 but its $82 after the rebate, and its a P45 that will last you a LONG time should you stick to the 775 socket.

OCZ DDR2-800 gold $23 to get but only $13 after the rebate comes back! but if you prefer Corsairs brand name, their kit is $20 after the rebate.

now on to power supplies, somethign im REALLY shopping hard for. I came across the problem that Newegg really stopped ALOT of the discounted prices and rebates at the end of November. There was this awesome Antec earthwatts for $40 i was gonna grab, now its back to its normal $60+...suck! anyway theres a few on there that would fit your build methinks for not too much. some are still discounted and rebated.

Corsair 650 is $70 after a $30 rebate....but i know thats a bit steep even after that, and you might not even need that power. so look at....

PC power 500w that one is $60 after rebate....but im still looking for cheaper

OCZ stealthextreme 500w for $30 after rebate....thats kinda hard to beat really....but keep looking. theres some great stuff hidden in the combos.

well i chase the mail-in rebates on my slow build.
I'm not really into MIRs, but if I come across something I need that is an awesome deal pre-rebate and is an epic deal with the rebate then I'll certainly send it in...

Theres some great stuff hidden in the combos.
Yea definitely, those combos sometimes have some great deals...

I'm sure there will be some deals soon.

I'm not really in any immediate hurry to buy now though, I can do the same as you and scope out deals to find the best things...

Oh yeah...

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and a tube of AS5 as I don't have a cooler or any more thermal paste...

@&%^% Newegg...

I wish there was an easier way to browse through their combo deals.

I don't want to sort by the savings, I want to browse through a list of items in order by total price and then on my own accord figure out if it there is a good amount savings...

Edited by Andrewr05