Andrewr05

I Have A Headache...

For about $4 more you could get the E7200 which could benefit you since 45nm cpu's stay cooler then the 65nm's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115052

EDIT: Forgot you would probably need a BIOS update if you bought that mobo. :(

as for the cooler...this is cute :P

LOL but serious it's a great cooler and it should fit in that case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185046

Edited by damian

For about $4 more you could get the E7200 which could benefit you since 45nm cpu's stay cooler then the 65nm's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115052

Thanks ;)

I may be buying a CPU from an OCC member assuming he still has it, that was just a placemark so you guys wouldn't say "HEY! What about a CPU?"...

Micro-ATX really cripples your Oc...
Yeah but I want/need a SFF case and I can take all of my hardware and throw it into an ATX board down the line if I find the performance unsatisfactory.

Which I find doubtful due to my current and previous setup...

Here is my computer area:

workspacero5.jpg

Edited by Andrewr05

heh...i have the same printer :P

but not that dusty :ph34r:

Edited by damian

heh...i have the same printer :P

but not that dusty :ph34r:

Its not even hooked up to my computer, its kind of just there...

:D

Edited by Andrewr05

Guest KrankyOldLady

i have sqeezed a machine, see my sig in a coolermaster case of 50 euri, a small one and if your able o work with less space its an good setup.

oh i always go biggest bang for my buck

I've got some news, its both good and bad...

2 weeks ago my fathers computer was screwed up by a lightning storm (bad for him) , if the insurance company doesn't take the computer he said I can have the left over parts. (good fr me)

(Lightning + pine tree + close telephone pole + telephone line + DSL modem + ethernet card + motherboard = fried motherboard)

Better news, he said I could have his 19" ACER monitor when he gets his new computer...

thumbsup4kk.gif

A computer tech down there said the motherboard was fried, I'll see what I can do maybe the guy was a n00b and had no idea what he was doing?

Noob question on my behalf now, would it be foolish to try and use that hardware not knowing whether it could be damaged?

(could it damage new hardware if it is malfunctioning?)

If any of the parts are good this could allow me to have a computer built within a month now due to not needing to buy some things...

It's hard to say for sure, depends on how big of a surge got into the machine. It usually doesn't get past the psu and mobo though, unless it gets in through a phone line or lan line and can damage those things as well.

If the guy tested the power supply and that was bad, then tried a new psu and it still wouldn't start I would say his assumption is correct that the mobo is fried. But I bet most of that other stuff actually survived. Optical drives, floppy et cetera. I'd do a decent thorough test of the HDD if the tech didn't put it in a test machine and run some diagnostics but that should be ok too I would think.

A drunk driver took down a telephone pole in front of a house I was renting, sent a 220 surge through the entire house. Burned out about 20,000 of stuff between me and my roomate. But even that didn't do anything more than burn out the psu in my tower I had at the time. Every scenario is different though so without a bit of testing there is no way to know for sure.

Edited by s0rd3z

The surge came in though the Ethernet cable from the modem so I'm willing to bet that the motherboard is indeed fried.

I just hope I can get some parts from it that are still good...

2GB (1GB x 2; unknown speed) memory

250GB harddrive

CPU I believe it may be an e7200 however I'm not sure.

(my father said it was 2.53Ghz and it said "duo" in dells lackluster receipt description)

Edited by Andrewr05