Dso-2090 Usb Oscilloscope

Just bought a DSO-2090 USB oscilloscope.

dso_2090.jpg

I hope to turn my laptop into my oscilloscope. It's a bit of a gamble as there isn't much information on the internet. It's made in China and looking at the specification would appear to meet my needs.

The software package is excellent and I should be able to get very good screenshots of waveforms and monitor DC levels over time.

If anyone out there has one or used one I would be very interested to hear your views.

Edited by paulktreg

You're the reviewer (:P), I say you review this product! I'm rather interested in this, actually.

If "the management" think it fits in and they want a review they can have one!

Hey how much was that? I have a lowly 10MHz digital handheld scope without a PC interface... handy for troubleshooting and developing, but rubbish for recording data lol

Hey how much was that? I have a lowly 10MHz digital handheld scope without a PC interface... handy for troubleshooting and developing, but rubbish for recording data lol

I have purchased it from Ebay at

• 2 weeks later...

The DSO-2090 came today and I had a very quick look just to conform that it was working.

DSO_2090.jpg

Its bigger than it looks at about 8 x 4 inches.

leads.jpg

Comes with two switch selectable X1/X10 probes which initially appear to be of quite good quality.

software.jpg

Software, user manual and USB lead. Note that it needs two free USB ports.

cal_signal.jpg

Software loaded smoothly with no problems at all. The above screenshot shows the 2V 1kHz calibration signal on both channels.

ripple.jpg

The above shows some 50Hz ripple on a small Ac adaptor.

Like I said I haven't had a real chance to play with it yet but would appear to do what I want and I am very pleased.

If you have any questions then please ask and I will try to answer them.

Regards

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

Interesting... any good for video applications (colourspace vector etc?)

I am not very well up on video and the theory behind it. This unit is the lowest specification of the range, suited my needs, with a 40MHz bandwidth and 100MS/s sampling rate. Don't know whether that helps?

Edited by paulktreg

Should be very handy for what you are planning on using it for. :thumbs-up:

Looks like it should be pretty accurate from the calibration signals. :)