Is It Really Gone?

Crazy_Nate

I think the time has finally come to say good-bye to diy-street.com (and it's precursor, dfi-street).

It was a good couple of years for me. So many wacky threads, so much useful computer information, and, oh yes...so many entertaining, from the heart, rants.

I hope all the information has made it here ok. There were far too many threads that I would reference (our power supply "approved" list, the initial build guide, the overclocking guide -- I know this one made it :), Sharp's memory guide, the CMOS clear procedure, and those wonderful databases --OCDB and SSDB).

So, looking back, I miss the orange glow of my screen...but I've come to replace it with another color - blue. Hope you guys don't mind... :wacko:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome :D I do infect love this place :wub:. Veteran user here, i cant belive iv almost been here 5 years. Its been a bumpy 5 years for occ but it definitely has turned out for the best. Tons of people from diy seem to be finding a new home on the internet here :D There very smart and helpful to.

This place ROCKS!!!

5 years Fireonice? You've not made it to 4 yet :lol:

i was sitting there counting on my fingers like "wait a minute" rofl. wow i never stopped to think about the amount of time ive been here. most of my posts were back in the athlon t-bred/palomino/barton days, not as helpful as i use to be. im 21 and have been posting on this forum since i had turned 16. :blink:

ahh the days of myst, mxrider, psywar, dimension...lol wonder where they all went.

OCC has been the best enthusiast site as well as online community that I have ever been a part of. We have always respected, as well as referred to DIY/DFI street. I found out about the street through OCC. I never really got invloved in the past because I have never had a DFI motherboard, and until recently I thought that the street was just about that vendor's product. We have done our best to integrate and merge info from the street, and also whole heartedly welcome it's members. You will come to love the blue background that you see on this forum as you have with the orange of the street, and we hope that you will continue to take part in our community.

I believe the last day was supposed to be the 28th, but I could be wrong. In any case I'm pretty sure Travis backed up the database and hopefully the important stuff will show up eventually.

i was sitting there counting on my fingers like "wait a minute" rofl. wow i never stopped to think about the amount of time ive been here. most of my posts were back in the athlon t-bred/palomino/barton days, not as helpful as i use to be. im 21 and have been posting on this forum since i had turned 16. :blink:

ahh the days of myst, mxrider, psywar, dimension...lol wonder where they all went.

Oh man, you're gonna make me all sad...The "OG's" of OCC...

d3 I hear about because of Celtica. I don't think anyone really talks to Matt (LinuxProX) anymore, but I bet he trolls once in a bluemoon. Psywar I've talked to a couple times over the last year or so, and he's doing good. I think OCC is a little too family-friendly for him...That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Posey, I don't remember what happened to him, although I used to know. Oh well, such is life...

Can't wait to hear from all these new Streeter's though...

Edit: Besides Bosco, am I the longest running "active" poster? What gives?

Welcome :D I do infect love this place :wub:. Veteran user here, i cant belive iv almost been here 5 years. Its been a bumpy 5 years for occ but it definitely has turned out for the best. Tons of people from diy seem to be finding a new home on the internet here :D There very smart and helpful to.

This place ROCKS!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I've been accused of infecting a few places myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

...You guys are talking as if DFI-Street was an offical partner of OCC or something.

Yeah I've been here a long time too - yeah DFI street was helpful...

But this stuff happens - forums die.

Honestly, this forum isnt as active as it once was. I think its due to the "stricter" rules we have here to make this place friendly for 11 years and their overclocking moms.

I've almost completely stopped posting here several times because of that.

The overclocking and ethusiest community has its own persona and culture - One that OCC just doesn't cater too anymore - and Neither did DFI-Street.

This is why places like XS and so forth are getting such huge member counts now.

We are no where near as strict as we used to be.

There is to many forums out there that allow the F Bomb in every second word that is just unreal to allow that sort of thing to happen and in a public forum to boot.

Posting here has increased alot in the last few months and that is just fine by me.