Gt200 Rumors

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...-sucessor-tapes

yeah I know, take this with a grain of salt, but they have been right a few times before, if it's true...man I'm glad I went ati ;)

Willing to bet that much of that is highly exaggerated, but it has been known for quite some time that the new ati cards will be similar performance for less money gpu for gpu. The multi-gpu game has already been in ati's hands since the x1800s as well - crossfire scaling is still unriviled by SLI.

It is safe to say that the gt200 will be a very fast card, and even though it will release expensive the fanboy's will still buy it anyway. Calling it another 5800 disaster is way overboard.

The next gen dual card from nvidia seems like the big problem for them - their single cards already draw way too much power, and will need some good ideas ASAP to pull off a dual gpu contender. Add to that the problems with their driver support and sli effeciency of their dual cards and they have their work cut out for them. Not to mention 500watts just for graphics would be unacceptable! They need to scale down speed and power consumption or just reuse a tweaked 9800gx2 architecture and rebadge it as a new gen, much like the 9800 were to the 8800s today.

The next couple of weeks will be very good times for computer enthusiasts as prices drop and performance skyrockets.

MeH and a Qoute from another forum is all I have to offer.

"Well, let us assume that the 4870 X2 will cost 500 and that the GT280 will cost 650,

The GT280 or whatever they are going to call it, will on average have to be 30% better than the 4870 X2 for it to warrant purchasing..