Sign in to follow this  
InCrYsIs

New Rpg To Play

I really liked The Witcher. It will be hard for the next RPG I play to live up. Even with all the problems it had on release I still enjoyed it.

I have been hearing some Diablo 3 rumblings. Unfortunately the talk is it may be an MMO which would suck big!

I'm with you, I'd much rather prefer a real Diablo game than an MMO. <_< BUT if they did make a Diablo MMORPG I think it would go over pretty well. There are a lot of hardcore Diablo fans out there that would dig that environment for a MMORPG. It would translate fairly well over to that realm ...which is scary since I didn't even think of that till you mentioned it.

Course the Blizz game I'm hot & bothered waiting impatiently for is StarCraft II. :ph34r:

Mass Effect (but for the 360...I refuse to buy into draconian copy protection schemes) is great, have that on 360.

GTA4 but that's on 360 as well.

Computer games...I love The Witcher but haven't finished it yet. I've definitely loved Neverwinter Nights and NWN2. NWN1 has 3 or 4 expansions and NWN2 just got it's first expansion (Mask of the Betrayer).

Fallout3 but that isn't until next year. Oblivion was great (though I didn't care for it much, I appreciate how awesome it is). Two Worlds is a pretty decent Oblivion clone. Bioshock is sorta RPG-ish but mostly FPS. STALKER is a very good FPS-RPG (not enough RPG but it's a killer open-ended FPS with a great story/plot.

Gothic3 just got a new patch and from what I hear, the game is almost entirely bug free lol. Gothic 3 (I've played it) was one of those incredible games in concept that got hosed during production, and the community has ended up patching the game more than the developers.

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2...even if you don't like Star Wars, these are great RPG's. I grew up with Star Wars, hate all the new ones (I wish Lucas would get cervical cancer and die rotting away in horrible pain), but these games are great.

Honestly, just about ANY Bioware game is going to be a killer RPG.

There's always World of Warcraft. The wife and I are playing it and I'm ashamed to admit it but that game is every bit as good as you can imagine a game must be when it has 10,000,000 subscribers (or some crazy number like that). It's great single player, it's great multiplayer, it's great all around. (I've not even actually done multiplaying with anyone but the wife, but I can already sense I'm almost ready to get 3 more together with us and do some hard 5-man dungeon/raids)

If I think of any more, I'll let ya know.

PS: I'll kill ANYONE you ask me to if it means getting Diablo 3 made....ANYONE. Even your grandma.

Mass Effect (but for the 360...I refuse to buy into draconian copy protection schemes) is great, have that on 360.

GTA4 but that's on 360 as well.

Computer games...I love The Witcher but haven't finished it yet. I've definitely loved Neverwinter Nights and NWN2. NWN1 has 3 or 4 expansions and NWN2 just got it's first expansion (Mask of the Betrayer).

Fallout3 but that isn't until next year. Oblivion was great (though I didn't care for it much, I appreciate how awesome it is). Two Worlds is a pretty decent Oblivion clone. Bioshock is sorta RPG-ish but mostly FPS. STALKER is a very good FPS-RPG (not enough RPG but it's a killer open-ended FPS with a great story/plot.

Gothic3 just got a new patch and from what I hear, the game is almost entirely bug free lol. Gothic 3 (I've played it) was one of those incredible games in concept that got hosed during production, and the community has ended up patching the game more than the developers.

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2...even if you don't like Star Wars, these are great RPG's. I grew up with Star Wars, hate all the new ones (I wish Lucas would get cervical cancer and die rotting away in horrible pain), but these games are great.

Honestly, just about ANY Bioware game is going to be a killer RPG.

There's always World of Warcraft. The wife and I are playing it and I'm ashamed to admit it but that game is every bit as good as you can imagine a game must be when it has 10,000,000 subscribers (or some crazy number like that). It's great single player, it's great multiplayer, it's great all around. (I've not even actually done multiplaying with anyone but the wife, but I can already sense I'm almost ready to get 3 more together with us and do some hard 5-man dungeon/raids)

If I think of any more, I'll let ya know.

PS: I'll kill ANYONE you ask me to if it means getting Diablo 3 made....ANYONE. Even your grandma.

Yeah The Witcher is awesome. I actually bought the book the game is based on to compare. i almost bought the Diablo Dungeon pack yesterday. SOOOO close!! Then I thought I must be on crack to think this will run on Vista even though it will on XP. Yes kill for it. Start with blizzard VPs and work your way down.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I got an OEM copy of Witcher with my video card and now I guess I'm going to have to play it. I was just so-so on it, but with all the ranting here I'll have to move it up into the rotation with Mario Kart :P But if it sucks you guys are going to have some serious explaining to do! :P

I got an OEM copy of Witcher with my video card and now I guess I'm going to have to play it. I was just so-so on it, but with all the ranting here I'll have to move it up into the rotation with Mario Kart :P But if it sucks you guys are going to have some serious explaining to do! :P

Sounds like someone needs to be more active in the Mario Kart thread to get his game on! :P

Sounds like someone needs to be more active in the Mario Kart thread to get his game on! :P

LOL! Actually the game just showed up in the mail yesterday, so I'm not too far behind :) But the girlfriend and I need to practice a bit before we start running with "seasoned vets" :P

:withstupid: I need to start playing Witcher again. I still haven't finished Bioshock though, and lately my gaming time has been spent with AoC <_ oh and of course i want to play assassin creed eventually too....and mass effect. damnit be lucky if can finish any the aforementioned games before starcraft2 or spore consume all my time src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_lol2.gif" alt=":lol:">

Edited by ClayMeow

:withstupid: I need to start playing Witcher again. I still haven't finished Bioshock though, and lately my gaming time has been spent with AoC <_<. Oh, and of course I want to play Assassin's Creed eventually too....and Mass Effect. Damnit, I'll be lucky if I can finish any of the aforementioned games before Starcraft2 or Spore consume all my time :lol:

if you like action RPG than The Witcher is it. Especially now that 1.3 is out. I loved it with all the problems. I am currently playing assassins creed and its awesome. Too many games sometimes. Now I have Mass Effect on the way and assassins creed will suffer. The tribulations of the gamer.

Tell me about it, I'm another one who is suffering from really liking Bioshock yet somehow not playing it. :glare:

Tell me about it, I'm another one who is suffering from really liking Bioshock yet somehow not playing it. :glare:

:withstupid: That's EXACTLY how I am! I really enjoy it when I play it, but for whatever reason, I never stick with it. There was a point where I didn't play for three months...now it's about once a week for an hour or two. Part of it is because I feel I have to pay more attention to it than other games, so I can't watch TV while playing...whereas a game like AoC allows me to do so.

Did I mention I've yet to even buy, let alone play, Crysis? After keeping on top of everything prior to launch, and building a new system with Crysis-playability in mind, I've yet to even buy it! I blame Bioshock once again...can't have two FPS's simultaneously. lol

:withstupid: That's EXACTLY how I am! I really enjoy it when I play it, but for whatever reason, I never stick with it. There was a point where I didn't play for three months...now it's about once a week for an hour or two. Part of it is because I feel I have to pay more attention to it than other games, so I can't watch TV while playing...whereas a game like AoC allows me to do so.

Did I mention I've yet to even buy, let alone play, Crysis? After keeping on top of everything prior to launch, and building a new system with Crysis-playability in mind, I've yet to even buy it! I blame Bioshock once again...can't have two FPS's simultaneously. lol

I went through Bioshock rather quickly. i couldn't stop playing..it was like crack. Same thing with Crysis. Assassins creed is a really good game but its not holding my attention like Bioshock The witcher or Crysis did. I have a feeling Mass Effect will keep me engrossed for a while.